11 pictures of Amazon.com : Gaiam Balance Ball Chair Leg Extenders : Sports & Outdoors ( Chair Leg Extenders #6)
Balancebal•ance (bal′əns),USA pronunciation n., v., -anced, -anc•ing.
- a state of equilibrium or equipoise;
equal distribution of weight, amount, etc.
- something used to produce equilibrium;
- mental steadiness or emotional stability;
habit of calm behavior, judgment, etc.
- a state of bodily equilibrium: He lost his balance and fell down the stairs.
- an instrument for determining weight, typically by the equilibrium of a bar with a fulcrum at the center, from each end of which is suspended a scale or pan, one holding an object of known weight, and the other holding the object to be weighed.
- the remainder or rest: He carried what he could and left the balance for his brother to bring.
- the power or ability to decide an outcome by throwing one's strength, influence, support, or the like, to one side or the other.
- (in winemaking) the degree to which all the attributes of a wine are in harmony, with none either too prominent or deficient.
- equality between the totals of the two sides of an account.
- the difference between the debit total and the credit total of an account.
- unpaid difference represented by the excess of debits over credits.
- an adjustment of accounts.
- the act of balancing;
comparison as to weight, amount, importance, etc.;
- preponderating weight: The balance of the blame is on your side.
- composition or placement of elements of design, as figures, forms, or colors, in such a manner as to produce an aesthetically pleasing or harmoniously integrated whole.
- [Dance.]a balancing movement.
- Also called balance wheel. [Horol.]a wheel that oscillates against the tension of a hairspring to regulate the beats of a watch or clock.
- (cap.) the constellation or sign of Libra;
- [Audio.](in a stereophonic sound system) the comparative loudness of two speakers, usually set by a control(balance control) on the amplifier or receiver.
- in the balance, with the outcome in doubt or suspense: While the jury deliberated, his fate rested in the balance.
- on balance, considering all aspects: On balance, the new product is doing well.
- to bring to or hold in equilibrium;
poise: to balance a book on one's head.
- to arrange, adjust, or proportion the parts of symmetrically.
- to be equal or proportionate to: I'm always happy when cash on hand balances expected expenses. One side of an equation must balance the other.
- to add up the two sides of (an account) and determine the difference.
- to make the necessary entries in (an account) so that the sums of the two sides will be equal.
- to settle by paying what remains due on an account;
equalize or adjust.
- to weigh in a balance.
- to estimate the relative weight or importance of;
compare: to balance all the probabilities of a situation.
- to serve as a counterpoise to;
offset: The advantages more than balance the disadvantages.
- [Dance.]to move in rhythm to and from: to balance one's partner.
- to have an equality or equivalence in weight, parts, etc.;
be in equilibrium: The account doesn't balance. Do these scales balance?
- [Accountableing.]to reckon or adjust accounts.
- to waver or hesitate: He would balance and temporize endlessly before reaching a decision.
- [Dance.]to move forward and backward or in opposite directions.
Ballball1 (bôl),USA pronunciation n.
- a spherical or approximately spherical body or shape;
sphere: He rolled the piece of paper into a ball.
- a round or roundish body, of various sizes and materials, either hollow or solid, for use in games, as baseball, football, tennis, or golf.
- a game played with a ball, esp. baseball: The boys are out playing ball.
- [Baseball.]a pitched ball, not swung at by the batter, that does not pass over home plate between the batter's shoulders and knees.
- a solid, usually spherical projectile for a cannon, rifle, pistol, etc., as distinguished from a shell.
- projectiles, esp. bullets, collectively.
- any part of a thing, esp. of the human body, that is rounded or protuberant: the ball of the thumb.
- a round mass of food, as of chopped meat, dough, or candy.
- (vulgar). a testis.
- balls, Slang (vulgar).
- nonsense (often used as an interjection).
- bolus (def. 1).
- [Hort.]a compact mass of soil covering the roots of an uprooted tree or other plant.
- [Literary.]a planetary or celestial body, esp. the earth.
- (in a metric space) the set of points whose distance from the zero element is less than, or less than or equal to, a specified number.
- carry the ball, to assume the responsibility;
bear the burden: You can always count on him to carry the ball in an emergency.
- drop the ball, to make a mistake or miss an opportunity at a critical moment.
- keep the ball rolling, to continue or give renewed vigor to an activity already under way: When their interest lagged, he tried to keep the ball rolling.
- on the ball:
- alert and efficient or effective: If you don't get on the ball, you'll be fired.
- indicating intelligence or ability: The tests show your students don't have much on the ball. The new manager has a lot on the ball.
- play ball:
- to begin or continue playing a game.
- to start or continue any action.
- to work together;
cooperate: union leaders suspected of playing ball with racketeers.
- run with the ball, to assume responsibility or work enthusiastically: If management approves the concept, we'll run with the ball.
- start the ball rolling, to put into operation;
begin: The recreation director started the ball rolling by having all the participants introduce themselves.
- to make into a ball (sometimes fol. by up): The children were balling up snow to make a snowman.
- to wind into balls: to ball cotton.
- (vulgar). to have sexual intercourse with.
- to form or gather into a ball: When the spun sugar balls, the candy has cooked sufficiently.
- (vulgar). to have sexual intercourse.
- ball the jack:
- to act with speed.
- to stake everything on one attempt.
- ball up, to make or become utterly confused;
muddle: The records had been all balled up by inefficient file clerks.
Chairchair (châr),USA pronunciation n.
- a seat, esp. for one person, usually having four legs for support and a rest for the back and often having rests for the arms.
- something that serves as a chair or supports like a chair: The two men clasped hands to make a chair for their injured companion.
- a seat of office or authority.
- a position of authority, as of a judge, professor, etc.
- the person occupying a seat of office, esp. the chairperson of a meeting: The speaker addressed the chair.
- (in an orchestra) the position of a player, assigned by rank;
desk: first clarinet chair.
- the chair, See electric chair.
- See sedan chair.
- (in reinforced-concrete construction) a device for maintaining the position of reinforcing rods or strands during the pouring operation.
- a glassmaker's bench having extended arms on which a blowpipe is rolled in shaping glass.
- a metal block for supporting a rail and securing it to a crosstie or the like.
- get the chair, to be sentenced to die in the electric chair.
- take the chair:
- to begin or open a meeting.
- to preside at a meeting;
act as chairperson.
- to place or seat in a chair.
- to install in office.
- to preside over;
act as chairperson of: to chair a committee.
- to carry (a hero or victor) aloft in triumph.
- to preside over a meeting, committee, etc.
Legleg (leg),USA pronunciation n., v., legged, leg•ging.
- either of the two lower limbs of a biped, as a human being, or any of the paired limbs of an animal, arthropod, etc., that support and move the body.
- the lower limb of a human being from the knee to the ankle.
- something resembling or suggesting a leg in use, position, or appearance.
- the part of a garment that covers the leg: the leg of a stocking; trouser leg.
- one of usually several, relatively tall, slender supports for a piece of furniture.
- one of the sides of a forked object, as of a compass or pair of dividers.
- one of the sides of a triangle other than the base or hypotenuse.
- a timber, bar, or the like, serving to prop or shore up a structure.
- one of the flanges of an angle iron.
- one of the distinct sections of any course: the last leg of a trip.
- one of the series of straight runs that make up the zigzag course of a sailing ship.
- one straight or nearly straight part of a multiple-sided course in a sailing race.
- one of a designated number of contests that must be successfully completed in order to determine the winner.
- one of the stretches or sections of a relay race.
- legs, (in wine tasting) the rivulets of wine that slowly descend along the inside of a glass after the wine has been swirled, sometimes regarded as an indication that the wine is full-bodied.
- the part of the field to the left of and behind the batsman as he faces the bowler or to the right of and behind him if he is left-handed.
- the fielder playing this part of the field.
- the position of this fielder.
- a component or branch of a circuit, network, antenna, etc.
- a connecting link between stations in a network, as the microwave relays used in transmitting a show from one geographical area to another.
- bride2 (def. 1).
- leg up:
- a means of help or encouragement;
boost: Studying the material with a tutor will give you a leg up on passing the exam.
- not have a leg to stand on, to lack a valid or logical basis for one's argument or attitude: Without evidence, the prosecutor doesn't have a leg to stand on.
- on one's or its last legs, just short of exhaustion, breakdown, failure, etc.: The aristocracy was on its last legs.
- pull someone's leg:
- to make fun of someone;
- to deceive someone;
- shake a leg, [Informal.]
- to hurry up.
- [Older Use.]to dance.
- stretch one's legs, to take a walk;
get some needed exercise after prolonged sitting: He got up during the intermission to stretch his legs.
- to move or propel (a boat) with the legs: They legged the boat through the tunnel.
- leg it, [Informal.]to walk rapidly or run: We'd better leg it or we'll be late for class.
- leg up, to help (someone) to mount a horse.
Sportssports (spôrts, spōrts),USA pronunciation adj.
- of or pertaining to a sport or sports, esp. of the open-air or athletic kind: a sports festival.
- (of garments, equipment, etc.) suitable for use in open-air sports, or for outdoor or informal use.
Howdy , this picture is about Amazon.com : Gaiam Balance Ball Chair Leg Extenders : Sports & Outdoors ( Chair Leg Extenders #6). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 1215 x 1215. It's file size is just 81 KB. If You desired to save This post to Your computer, you may Click here. You could too download more photos by clicking the photo below or read more at here: Chair Leg Extenders.
Before talking about Amazon.com : Gaiam Balance Ball Chair Leg Extenders : Sports & Outdoors ( Chair Leg Extenders #6), we would like to speak about some advice on constitute mirror within your room. Ensure you select a dressing table with optimum volume. Chair Leg Extenders can be used for you personally who would like to modify the appearance of your make area up.
Inside the impression of Amazon.com : Gaiam Balance Ball Chair Leg Extenders : Sports & Outdoors ( Chair Leg Extenders #6) that you have to be ready to accommodate all of the desires such as perfumes, components series, before the 'functions' resources makeup products. In general, dressers demand additional lighting. This is often circumvented by putting a wall light on the right and remaining side mirror or by adding a small bulb at around the reflection.
Feces may be the suitable selection to get a combined with dressing table, as well as sensible as it could be integrated beneath the beneath the bureau, ottoman also gives light's impact.