Chairchair (châr),USA pronunciation n.
- a seat, esp. for one person, usually having four legs for support and a rest for the back and often having rests for the arms.
- something that serves as a chair or supports like a chair: The two men clasped hands to make a chair for their injured companion.
- a seat of office or authority.
- a position of authority, as of a judge, professor, etc.
- the person occupying a seat of office, esp. the chairperson of a meeting: The speaker addressed the chair.
- (in an orchestra) the position of a player, assigned by rank;
desk: first clarinet chair.
- the chair, See electric chair.
- See sedan chair.
- (in reinforced-concrete construction) a device for maintaining the position of reinforcing rods or strands during the pouring operation.
- a glassmaker's bench having extended arms on which a blowpipe is rolled in shaping glass.
- a metal block for supporting a rail and securing it to a crosstie or the like.
- get the chair, to be sentenced to die in the electric chair.
- take the chair:
- to begin or open a meeting.
- to preside at a meeting;
act as chairperson.
- to place or seat in a chair.
- to install in office.
- to preside over;
act as chairperson of: to chair a committee.
- to carry (a hero or victor) aloft in triumph.
- to preside over a meeting, committee, etc.
Legleg (leg),USA pronunciation n., v., legged, leg•ging.
- either of the two lower limbs of a biped, as a human being, or any of the paired limbs of an animal, arthropod, etc., that support and move the body.
- the lower limb of a human being from the knee to the ankle.
- something resembling or suggesting a leg in use, position, or appearance.
- the part of a garment that covers the leg: the leg of a stocking; trouser leg.
- one of usually several, relatively tall, slender supports for a piece of furniture.
- one of the sides of a forked object, as of a compass or pair of dividers.
- one of the sides of a triangle other than the base or hypotenuse.
- a timber, bar, or the like, serving to prop or shore up a structure.
- one of the flanges of an angle iron.
- one of the distinct sections of any course: the last leg of a trip.
- one of the series of straight runs that make up the zigzag course of a sailing ship.
- one straight or nearly straight part of a multiple-sided course in a sailing race.
- one of a designated number of contests that must be successfully completed in order to determine the winner.
- one of the stretches or sections of a relay race.
- legs, (in wine tasting) the rivulets of wine that slowly descend along the inside of a glass after the wine has been swirled, sometimes regarded as an indication that the wine is full-bodied.
- the part of the field to the left of and behind the batsman as he faces the bowler or to the right of and behind him if he is left-handed.
- the fielder playing this part of the field.
- the position of this fielder.
- a component or branch of a circuit, network, antenna, etc.
- a connecting link between stations in a network, as the microwave relays used in transmitting a show from one geographical area to another.
- bride2 (def. 1).
- leg up:
- a means of help or encouragement;
boost: Studying the material with a tutor will give you a leg up on passing the exam.
- not have a leg to stand on, to lack a valid or logical basis for one's argument or attitude: Without evidence, the prosecutor doesn't have a leg to stand on.
- on one's or its last legs, just short of exhaustion, breakdown, failure, etc.: The aristocracy was on its last legs.
- pull someone's leg:
- to make fun of someone;
- to deceive someone;
- shake a leg, [Informal.]
- to hurry up.
- [Older Use.]to dance.
- stretch one's legs, to take a walk;
get some needed exercise after prolonged sitting: He got up during the intermission to stretch his legs.
- to move or propel (a boat) with the legs: They legged the boat through the tunnel.
- leg it, [Informal.]to walk rapidly or run: We'd better leg it or we'll be late for class.
- leg up, to help (someone) to mount a horse.
Raiseraise (rāz),USA pronunciation v., raised, rais•ing, n.
- to move to a higher position;
elevate: to raise one's hand; sleepy birds raising their heads and looking about.
- to set upright: When the projection screen toppled, he quickly raised it again.
- to cause to rise or stand up;
rouse: The sound of the bugle raised him from his bed.
- to build;
erect: to raise a monument.
- to set up the framework of: to raise a house.
- to set in motion;
activate: to raise a storm of protest.
- to grow or breed, care for, or promote the growth of: to raise corn; to raise prizewinning terriers.
- to serve in the capacity of parent to;
rear: to raise children.
- to give rise to;
bring up or about: His comments raised a ripple of applause.
- to put forward;
present for public consideration: He raised the issue of his opponent's eligibility.
- to make (an issue at law).
- to restore to life: to raise the dead.
- to stir up: to raise a rebellion with stirring speeches.
- to give vigor to;
animate: The news raised his spirits.
- to advance in rank or position: to raise someone to the peerage.
- to assemble or collect: to raise an army; to raise money for a charity.
- to increase the height or vertical measurement of: The blocks raise the table three inches.
- to increase in degree, intensity, pitch, or force: to raise the volume of a radio.
- to utter (a cry, shout, etc.) in a loud voice.
- to cause (the voice) to be heard: to raise one's voice in opposition.
- to cause (dough or bread) to rise by expansion and become light, as by the use of yeast.
- to increase in amount: to raise rents; to raise salaries.
- to increase (the value or price) of a commodity, stock, bond, etc.
- to increase (another player's bet).
- to bet at a higher level than (a preceding bettor).
- [Bridge.]to increase (the bid for a contract) by repeating one's partner's bid at a higher level.
- to alter the articulation of (a vowel) by bringing the tongue closer to the palate: The vowel in "pen'' is raised to(i) in some dialects.
- to increase the amount specified in (a check, money order, or the like) by fraudulent alteration.
- to end (a siege) by withdrawing the besieging forces or by compelling the besieging forces to withdraw.
- to cause (something) to rise above the visible horizon by approaching it.
- to come in sight of (land, a whale, etc.).
- to establish communication with by radio: The radioman was able to raise shore headquarters after three tries.
- to excavate (an opening) upward from a level below.
- to be able to be lifted or pulled up: The window raises easily.
- (in cards, poker, etc.) to increase a previous bet or bid: My cards weren't good enough to let me raise.
- raise Cain. See Cain (def. 3).
rais′a•ble, raise′a•ble, adj.
- an increase in amount, as of wages: a raise in pay.
- the amount of such an increase: His raise was five dollars.
- a raising, lifting, etc.: a raise in spirits.
- a raised or ascending place;
- a shaft excavated upward from below. Cf. winze 1.
Hello there, this picture is about Captain's Chair Leg Raise (superb Captains Chair Leg Raise #5). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1056 x 682. This post's file size is only 82 KB. Wether You ought to download It to Your computer, you have to Click here. You may too download more pictures by clicking the following image or see more at here: Captains Chair Leg Raise.
One of many most common issues we consult is just how do I repaint my bathtub counter? The bathrooms therefore are also the focus of the lavatory and have many benefits over time. By painting or remodeling your Captains Chair Leg Raise, you paint the shower mirror with comparable simplicity can deliver existence towards the previous bathroom and requires only some nights of work and produce a great weekend project.
First we must make bathroom showcase to do this you will need sandpaper screwdriver and gentle detergent. Using your screwdriver, eliminate the handles and remove most of the compartments from your case that is recent. Next grab your sandpaper and a little bit of sand all accomplished from your makeup case. Be sure the sand both sides of the toilet door. Marginally clean the entire toilet with gentle detergent, once you have completed sanding the door.
Another method to tidy-up your outdated toilet is with the addition of new buttons towards the kitchen and wardrobe doors. Furthermore exchanging the faucet using a new and much more modern style also can help revise your Captain's Chair Leg Raise (superb Captains Chair Leg Raise #5) that is old.
It's time to paint your cupboard first until it starts, stirring the color. Next work with a brush to uniformly cover the coloring that is lightweight onto all areas of the toilet bureau. Better to use some light clothes than to darken the task with one layer of colour. Permit then or overnight, to dry for a number of hours reinstall your next or third paint layers.
Use a highquality primer to let the t's external floor consult with the local gear shop to acquire the correct primer on your task that is particular. Let before looking to paint your bathroom mirror, the primer dried. Recording from all sides around your bathroom vanity never to get coloring on surfaces or your surfaces.
Now we have coated back the dressing-table since the toilet flooring that touches wall or the surrounding flooring, changing knobs and all doors, and reinserting all-the fixtures which were launched with this method. Now's a good time to modify the doorway if it's not hung properly in making the positioning of fresh screws to shut the door evenly to ensure that little change.