FrenchFrench (french),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of France, its inhabitants, or their language, culture, etc.: French cooking.
- the people of France and their direct descendants.
- a Romance language spoken in France, parts of Belgium and Switzerland, and in areas colonized after 1500 by France. Abbr.: F
- (often l.c.) to prepare (food) according to a French method.
- (often l.c.) to cut (snap beans) into slivers or thin strips before cooking.
- (often l.c.) to trim the meat from the end of (a rib chop).
- (often l.c.) to prepare (meat) for cooking by slicing it into strips and pounding.
- to short-sheet (a bed).
- (often l.c.) Slang (vulgar). to give oral stimulation of the penis or vulva.French′ness, n.
Artart1 (ärt),USA pronunciation n.
- the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.
- the class of objects subject to aesthetic criteria;
works of art collectively, as paintings, sculptures, or drawings: a museum of art; an art collection.
- a field, genre, or category of art: Dance is an art.
- the fine arts collectively, often excluding architecture: art and architecture.
- any field using the skills or techniques of art: advertising art; industrial art.
- (in printed matter) illustrative or decorative material: Is there any art with the copy for this story?
- the principles or methods governing any craft or branch of learning: the art of baking; the art of selling.
- the craft or trade using these principles or methods.
- skill in conducting any human activity: a master at the art of conversation.
- a branch of learning or university study, esp. one of the fine arts or the humanities, as music, philosophy, or literature.
- (used with a sing. v.) the humanities: a college of arts and sciences.
- (used with a pl. v.) See liberal arts.
- skilled workmanship, execution, or agency, as distinguished from nature.
cunning: glib and devious art.
- studied action;
artificiality in behavior.
- an artifice or artful device: the innumerable arts and wiles of politics.
- [Archaic.]science, learning, or scholarship.
Nouveaunou•veau (no̅o̅′vō, no̅o̅ vō′),USA pronunciation adj.
- newly or recently created, developed, or come to prominence: The sudden success of the firm created several nouveau millionaires.
Oiloil (oil),USA pronunciation n.
- any of a large class of substances typically unctuous, viscous, combustible, liquid at ordinary temperatures, and soluble in ether or alcohol but not in water: used for anointing, perfuming, lubricating, illuminating, heating, etc.
- a substance of this or similar consistency.
- refined or crude petroleum.
- See oil color.
- See oil painting.
- unctuous hypocrisy;
- an oilskin garment.
- [Australian and New Zealand Slang.]facts or news;
information: good oil.
- pour oil on troubled waters, to attempt to calm a difficult or tense situation, as an argument.
- strike oil:
- to discover oil, esp. to bring in a well.
- to have good luck, esp. financially;
make an important and valuable discovery: They struck oil only after years of market research.
- to smear, lubricate, or supply with oil.
- to bribe.
- to make unctuous or smooth: to oil his words.
- to convert into oil by melting, as butter.
- pertaining to or resembling oil.
- using oil, esp. as a fuel: an oil furnace.
- concerned with the production or use of oil: an offshore oil rig.
- made with oil.
- obtained from oil.
Lamplamp (lamp),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various devices furnishing artificial light, as by electricity or gas. Cf. fluorescent lamp, incandescent lamp.
- a container for an inflammable liquid, as oil, which is burned at a wick as a means of illumination.
- a source of intellectual or spiritual light: the lamp of learning.
- any of various devices furnishing heat, ultraviolet, or other radiation: an infrared lamp.
- a celestial body that gives off light, as the moon or a star.
- a torch.
- lamps, the eyes.
- smell of the lamp, to give evidence of laborious study or effort: His dissertation smells of the lamp.
- to look at;
Hello folks, this blog post is about French Art Nouveau Onyx Oil Lamp C1890 ( French Oil Lamp #3). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 435 x 579. It's file size is just 22 KB. Wether You decided to download It to Your computer, you have to Click here. You might too see more photos by clicking the image below or see more at this post: French Oil Lamp.
You are not. Every home manager needing furniture because of their homes. That is the purpose you can find plenty of possibilities in outlets. It's not unimportant for one to make sure all-the objects you decide on based on your home. Conventional furniture can charge extremely expensive.
Thus, you shouldn't overlook of using the furniture the possibility. Ads in backyard income in addition to regional newspapers and music outlets usually can have some great furnishings. You'll have the furniture reupholstered if necessary. It is possible to conserve lots of income by pursuing these tips.
In case you choose to obtain a French Oil Lamp, make sure to purchase at the store. Before they get goods, many people do not think to examine the goods. Challenging to restore the furniture in a few furniture retailers. Bring examples of colors if you shop for conventional and established fixtures.
Because you've visited a thriftstore, maybe it has been a little while, or maybe one 've never be visited by you? You will really shed, if so. Typically they've things that are cheaper than home fixtures, but occasionally you are able to score some lounge is fantastic enough.
Search for French Art Nouveau Onyx Oil Lamp C1890 ( French Oil Lamp #3) that's durable classic in case you place them outdoors. Check accessories and the weak welds. Ignore them if you discover a weld that seems actually probably poor and discover furniture that is durable. Each outside furniture you select ought to not be unable to tolerate nature's weather to be exposed for several years.
Though some may look perfect inside the store, it when compared with examples and may look differently when inside your home. To stop this from happening, it is easy to find swatches at your home improvement retailer, or simply have a photograph of the trial for comparison things.