Adjustad•just (ə just′),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to change (something) so that it fits, corresponds, or conforms;
accommodate: to adjust expenses to income.
- to put in good working order;
bring to a proper state or position: to adjust an instrument.
- to settle or bring to a satisfactory state, so that parties are agreed in the result: to adjust our differences.
- [Insurance.]to determine the amount to be paid in settlement of (a claim).
- to systematize.
- to correct the elevation or deflection of (a gun).
- to adapt oneself;
become adapted: They had no problems in adjusting at the new school.
Garagega•rage (gə räzh′, -räj′ or, esp. Brit., gar′ij, -äzh),USA pronunciation n., v., -raged, -rag•ing.
- a building or indoor area for parking or storing motor vehicles.
- a commercial establishment for repairing and servicing motor vehicles.
- to put or keep in a garage.
Doordoor (dôr, dōr),USA pronunciation n.
- a movable, usually solid, barrier for opening and closing an entranceway, cupboard, cabinet, or the like, commonly turning on hinges or sliding in grooves.
- a doorway: to go through the door.
- the building, house, etc., to which a door belongs: My friend lives two doors down the street.
- any means of approach, admittance, or access: the doors to learning.
- any gateway marking an entrance or exit from one place or state to another: at heaven's door.
- lay at someone's door, to hold someone accountable for;
- leave the door open, to allow the possibility of accommodation or change;
be open to reconsideration: The boss rejected our idea but left the door open for discussing it again next year.
- lie at someone's door, to be the responsibility of;
be imputable to: One's mistakes often lie at one's own door.
- show someone the door, to request or order someone to leave;
dismiss: She resented his remark and showed him the door.
Springspring (spring),USA pronunciation v., sprang or, often, sprung;
- to rise, leap, move, or act suddenly and swiftly, as by a sudden dart or thrust forward or outward, or being suddenly released from a coiled or constrained position: to spring into the air; a tiger about to spring.
- to be released from a constrained position, as by resilient or elastic force or from the action of a spring: A trap springs. The door sprang open and in he walked.
- to issue forth suddenly, as water, blood, sparks, fire, etc. (often fol. by forth, out, or up): Blood sprang from the wound.
- to come into being, rise, or arise within a short time (usually fol. by up): Industries sprang up in the suburbs.
- to come into being by growth, as from a seed or germ, bulb, root, etc.;
grow, as plants.
- to proceed or originate from a specific source or cause.
- to have as one's birth or lineage;
be descended, as from a person, family, stock, etc.;
come from: to spring from ancient aristocracy.
- to rise or extend upward, as a spire.
- to take an upward course or curve from a point of support, as an arch.
- to come or appear suddenly, as if at a bound: An objection sprang to mind.
- to start or rise from cover, as a pheasant, woodcock, or the like.
- to become bent or warped, as boards.
- to shift or work loose, as parts of a mechanism, structure, etc.: The board sprang from the fence during the storm.
- to explode, as a mine.
- [Archaic.]to begin to appear, as day, light, etc.;
- to cause to spring.
- to cause to fly back, move, or act, as by resiliency, elastic force, a spring, etc.: to spring a lock.
- to cause to shift out of place, work loose, warp, split, or crack: Moisture sprang the board from the fence.
- to split or crack: The ship sprang its keel on a rock.
- to develop by or as by splitting or cracking: The boat sprang a leak.
- to bend by force, or force in by bending, as a resilient slat or bar.
- to stretch or bend (a spring or other resilient device) beyond its elastic tolerance: This clip has been sprung.
- to bring out, disclose, produce, make, etc., suddenly: to spring a joke.
- to leap over.
- to secure the release of (someone) from confinement, as of jail, military service, or the like.
- to move (a vessel) into or out of a berth by pulling on the offshore end of a warp made fast to the pier.
- to explode (a mine).
- spring for, [Informal.]to pay for;
treat someone to.
- a leap, jump, or bound.
- a sudden movement caused by the release of something elastic.
- an elastic or bouncing quality: There is a spring in his walk.
- elasticity or resilience: This board has spring in it.
- a structural defect or injury caused by a warp, crack, etc.
- an issue of water from the earth, taking the form, on the surface, of a small stream or standing as a pool or small lake.
- the place of such an issue: mineral springs.
- a source or fountainhead of something: a spring of inspiration.
- an elastic contrivance or body, as a strip or wire of steel coiled spirally, that recovers its shape after being compressed, bent, or stretched.
- the season between winter and summer: in the Northern Hemisphere from the vernal equinox to the summer solstice;
in the Southern Hemisphere from the autumnal equinox to the winter solstice.
- (in temperate zones) the season of the year following winter and characterized by the budding of trees, growth of plants, the onset of warmer weather, etc.
- the first stage and freshest period: the spring of life.
- warp (def. 16).
- a line from the quarter of a vessel to an anchor on the bottom, used to hold the vessel at its mooring, broadside to the current.
- Also called springing.
- the point at which an arch or dome rises from its support.
- the rise or the angle of the rise of an arch.
- [Archaic.]the dawn, as of day, light, etc.
- of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or suitable for the season of spring: spring flowers.
- resting on or containing mechanical springs.
Stepstep (step),USA pronunciation n., v., stepped, step•ping.
- a movement made by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, accompanied by a shifting of the weight of the body in the direction of the new position, as in walking, running, or dancing.
- such a movement followed by a movement of equal distance of the other foot: The soldier took one step forward and stood at attention.
- the space passed over or the distance measured by one such movement of the foot.
- the sound made by the foot in making such a movement.
- a mark or impression made by the foot on the ground;
- the manner of walking;
- pace in marching: double-quick step.
- a pace uniform with that of another or others, or in time with music.
- steps, movements or course in walking or running: to retrace one's steps.
- a move, act, or proceeding, as toward some end or in the general course of some action;
stage, measure, or period: the five steps to success.
- rank, degree, or grade, as on a vertical scale.
- a support for the foot in ascending or descending: a step of a ladder; a stair of 14 steps.
- a very short distance: She was never more than a step away from her children.
- a repeated pattern or unit of movement in a dance formed by a combination of foot and body motions.
- a degree of the staff or of the scale.
- the interval between two adjacent scale degrees;
second. Cf. semitone, whole step.
- steps, a stepladder.
- an offset part of anything.
- a socket, frame, or platform for supporting the lower end of a mast.
- a flat-topped ledge on the face of a quarry or a mine working.
- break step, to interrupt or cease walking or marching in step: The marching units were allowed to break step after they had passed the reviewing stand.
- in step:
- moving in time to a rhythm or with the corresponding step of others.
- in harmony or conformity with: They are not in step with the times.
- keep step, to keep pace;
stay in step: The construction of classrooms and the training of teachers have not kept step with population growth.
- out of step:
- not in time to a rhythm or corresponding to the step of others.
- not in harmony or conformity with: They are out of step with the others in their group.
- step by step:
- from one stage to the next in sequence.
- gradually and steadily: We were shown the steelmaking process step by step.
- take steps, to set about putting something into operation;
begin to act: I will take steps to see that your application is processed.
- watch one's step, to proceed with caution;
behave prudently: If she doesn't watch her step, she will be fired from her job.
- to move, go, etc., by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, or by using the feet alternately in this manner: to step forward.
- to walk, or go on foot, esp. for a few strides or a short distance: Step over to the bar.
- to move with measured steps, as in a dance.
- to go briskly or fast, as a horse.
- to obtain, find, win, come upon, etc., something easily and naturally, as if by a mere step of the foot: to step into a good business opportunity.
- to put the foot down;
tread by intention or accident: to step on a cat's tail.
- to press with the foot, as on a lever, spring, or the like, in order to operate some mechanism.
- to take (a step, pace, stride, etc.).
- to go through or perform the steps of (a dance).
- to move or set (the foot) in taking a step.
- to measure (a distance, ground, etc.) by steps (sometimes fol. by off or out).
- to make or arrange in the manner of a series of steps.
- to fix (a mast) in its step.
- step down:
- to lower or decrease by degrees.
- to relinquish one's authority or control;
resign: Although he was past retirement age, he refused to step down and let his son take over the business.
- step in, to become involved;
intervene, as in a quarrel or fight: The brawl was well under way by the time the police stepped in.
- step on it, to hasten one's activity or steps;
hurry up: If we don't step on it, we'll miss the show.
- step out:
- to leave a place, esp. for a brief period of time.
- to walk or march at a more rapid pace.
- to go out to a social gathering or on a date: We're stepping out tonight.
- step up:
- to raise or increase by degrees: to step up production.
- to be promoted;
- to make progress;
Hi , this attachment is about Image Titled Adjust A Garage Door Spring Step 15 ( Adjusting Garage Door Spring #2). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 684 x 513. It's file size is only 57 KB. Wether You decided to save It to Your computer, you have to Click here. You may too see more pictures by clicking the photo below or see more at this article: Adjusting Garage Door Spring.
Along with scheme of Image Titled Adjust A Garage Door Spring Step 15 ( Adjusting Garage Door Spring #2) layout design is dominated by the scheme of neutral hues like black, brown, grey, and white. Employ these shades for indoor elements such as walls, floor, ceiling, and booking a spot for a splash of brilliant hues of the room in furniture and components.
Utilize your imagination to get a more creative approach styles and finishes to provide a splendor in the room. For your substance used-to execute interior-design stick out is opportunities have opened. The effect that's felt in modern design that is interior is wrinkles that are minimum and setting " less stuff ".
Ground with products such as pottery tile, ceramics, timber properly inserted within the modern type. Provide concluding quite like a carpeting for an additional effect of luxury and to crash place aesthetically. This secret is most perfect for distancing between your living area and the living room which usually look next to one another.