Castcast (kast, käst),USA pronunciation v., cast, cast•ing, n., adj.
- to throw or hurl;
fling: The gambler cast the dice.
- to throw off or away: He cast the advertisement in the wastebasket.
- to direct (the eye, a glance, etc.), esp. in a cursory manner: She cast her eyes down the page.
- to cause to fall upon something or in a certain direction;
send forth: to cast a soft light; to cast a spell; to cast doubts.
- to draw (lots), as in telling fortunes.
- to throw out (a fishing line, net, bait, etc.): The fisherman cast his line.
- to fish in (a stream, an area, etc.): He has often cast this brook.
- to throw down or bring to the ground: She cast herself on the sofa.
- to part with;
lose: The horse cast a shoe.
- to shed or drop (hair, fruit, etc.): The snake cast its skin.
- (of an animal) to bring forth (young), esp. abortively.
- to send off (a swarm), as bees do.
- to throw or set aside;
discard or reject;
dismiss: He cast the problem from his mind.
- to throw forth, as from within;
emit or eject;
- to throw up (earth, sod, etc.), as with a shovel.
- to put or place, esp. hastily or forcibly: to cast someone in prison.
- to deposit or give (a ballot or vote).
- to bestow;
confer: to cast blessings upon someone.
- to make suitable or accordant;
tailor: He cast his remarks to fit the occasion.
- to select actors for (a play, motion picture, or the like).
- to allot a role to (an actor).
- to assign an actor to (a role).
- to form (an object) by pouring metal, plaster, etc., in a fluid state into a mold and letting it harden.
- to form (metal, plaster, etc.) into a particular shape by pouring it into a mold in a fluid state and letting it harden.
- to tap (a blast furnace).
- to compute or calculate;
add, as a column of figures.
- to compute or calculate (a horoscope) astrologically;
- to turn or twist;
- to turn the head of (a vessel), esp. away from the wind in getting under way.
- [Fox Hunting.](of a hunter) to lead or direct (hounds) over ground believed to have been recently traveled by a fox.
- [Archaic.]to contrive, devise, or plan.
- [Obs.]to ponder.
- to throw.
- to receive form in a mold.
- to calculate or add.
- to conjecture;
- (of hounds) to search an area for scent: The setter cast, but found no scent.
- to warp, as timber.
- (of a vessel) to turn, esp. to get the head away from the wind;
- to select the actors for a play, motion picture, or the like.
- to consider.
- to plan or scheme.
- cast about:
- to look, as to find something;
seek: We cast about for something to do during the approaching summer vacation.
- to scheme;
plan: He cast about how he could avoid work.
- cast away:
- Also, cast aside. to reject;
- to shipwreck.
- to throw away;
squander: He will cast away this money just as he has done in the past.
- cast back, to refer to something past;
revert to: The composer casts back to his earlier work.
- cast down, to lower;
- cast off:
- to discard;
- to let go or let loose, as a vessel from a mooring.
- [Print.]to determine the quantity of type or space that a given amount of text will occupy when set.
- to make (the final stitches) in completing a knitted fabric.
- to throw (a falcon) off from the fist to pursue game.
- cast on, to set (yarn) on a needle in order to form the initial stitches in knitting.
- cast out, to force out;
- cast up:
- to add up;
- to vomit;
- [Chiefly Scot.]to turn up;
- act of casting or throwing.
- that which is thrown.
- the distance to which a thing may be cast or thrown.
- a throw of dice.
- the number rolled.
- act of throwing a line or net onto the water.
- a spot for casting;
a fishing place.
- [Theat.]the group of performers to whom parts are assigned;
- [Hunting.]a searching of an area for a scent by hounds.
- a stroke of fortune;
fortune or lot.
- a ride offered on one's way;
- the form in which something is made or written;
- act of casting or founding.
- the quantity of metal cast at one time.
- something formed from a material poured into a mold in a molten or liquid state;
- an impression or mold made from something.
- a rigid surgical dressing, usually made of bandage treated with plaster of Paris.
- outward form;
- a permanent twist or turn: to have a cast in one's eye.
- a warp.
- a slight tinge of some color;
shade: A good diamond does not have a yellowish cast.
- a dash or trace;
a small amount.
- a conjecture;
- [Zool.]something that is shed, ejected, or cast off or out, as molted skin, a feather, food from a bird's crop, or the coil of sand and waste passed by certain earthworms.
- [Ornith.]pellet (def. 6).
- [Falconry.]a pair of hawks put in flight together.
- effused plastic matter produced in the hollow parts of various diseased organs.
- low-grade, irregular wool.
- at a single cast, through a single action or event: He bankrupted himself at a single cast.
- (of an animal, esp. a horse) lying in such a position that it is unable to return to its feet without assistance.
Ironi•ron (ī′ərn),USA pronunciation n.
- a ductile, malleable, silver-white metallic element, scarcely known in a pure condition, but much used in its crude or impure carbon-containing forms for making tools, implements, machinery, etc. Symbol: Fe;
at. wt.: 55.847;
at. no.: 26;
sp. gr.: 7.86 at 20°C. Cf. cast iron, pig iron, steel, wrought iron.
- something hard, strong, rigid, unyielding, or the like: hearts of iron.
- an instrument, utensil, weapon, etc., made of iron.
- an appliance with a flat metal bottom, used when heated, as by electricity, to press or smooth clothes, linens, etc.
- [Golf.]one of a series of nine iron-headed clubs having progressively sloped-back faces, used for driving or lofting the ball. Cf. wood1 (def. 8).
- a branding iron.
- any of several tools, structural members, etc., of metals other than iron.
- the blade of a carpenter's plane.
- a pistol.
- a harpoon.
- a preparation of iron or containing iron, used chiefly in the treatment of anemia, or as a styptic and astringent.
- irons, shackles or fetters: Put him in irons!
- a sword.
- in irons:
- [Naut.](of a sailing vessel) unable to maneuver because of the position of the sails with relation to the direction of the wind.
- [Naut.](of a towing vessel) unable to maneuver because of tension on the towing line.
- Also, into irons. in shackles or fetters.
- irons in the fire, matters with which one is immediately concerned;
projects: He had other irons in the fire, so that one failure would not destroy him.
- pump iron, to lift weights as an exercise or in competition.
- strike while the iron is hot, to act quickly when an opportunity presents itself.
- of, containing, or made of iron: an iron skillet.
- resembling iron in firmness, strength, color, etc.: an iron will.
- holding or binding strongly: an iron grip.
- irritating or harsh in tone: an iron voice.
- to smooth or press with a heated iron, as clothes or linens.
- to furnish, mount, or arm with iron.
- to shackle or fetter with irons.
- to smooth and thin the walls of (an object being deep-drawn).
- to press clothes, linens, etc., with an iron.
- iron out:
- to iron or press (an item of clothing or the like).
- to remove (wrinkles) from by ironing.
- to resolve or clear up (difficulties, disagreements, etc.): The problem was ironed out months ago.
Fireplacefire•place (fīər′plās′),USA pronunciation n.
- the part of a chimney that opens into a room and in which fuel is burned;
- any open structure, usually of masonry, for keeping a fire, as at a campsite.
Cradlecra•dle (krād′l),USA pronunciation n., v., -dled, -dling.
- a small bed for an infant, usually on rockers.
- any of various supports for objects set horizontally, as the support for the handset of a telephone.
- the place where anything is nurtured during its early existence: Boston was the cradle of the American Revolution.
- a frame of wood with a row of long curved teeth projecting above and parallel to a scythe, for laying grain in bunches as it is cut.
- a scythe together with the cradle in which it is set.
- a wire or wicker basket used to hold a wine bottle in a more or less horizontal position while the wine is being served.
- [Artillery.]the part of a gun carriage on which a recoiling gun slides.
- a landing platform for ferryboats, rolling on inclined tracks to facilitate loading and unloading at different water levels.
- a docklike structure in which a rigid or semirigid airship is built or is supported during inflation.
- creeper (def. 5).
- a shaped support for a boat, cast, etc.;
- truss (def. 9).
- a moving framework on which a hull slides down the ways when launched.
- a built-up form on which plates of irregular form are shaped.
- a frame that prevents the bedclothes from touching an injured part of a bedridden patient.
- a box on rockers for washing sand or gravel to separate gold or other heavy metal.
- an engraver's tool for laying mezzotint grounds.
- [Painting.]a structure of wooden strips attached to the back of a panel, used as a support and to prevent warping.
- rob the cradle, [Informal.]to marry, court, or date a person much younger than oneself.
- to hold gently or protectively.
- to place or rock in or as in an infant's cradle.
- to nurture during infancy.
- to receive or hold as a cradle.
- to cut (grain) with a cradle.
- to place (a vessel) on a cradle.
- to wash (sand or gravel) in a cradle;
- [Painting.]to support (a panel) with a cradle.
- to lie in or as if in a cradle.
- to cut grain with a cradle scythe.
Hello peoples, this image is about Cast Iron Fireplace Cradle . (amazing Fireplace Cradle Pictures #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 774 x 797. It's file size is only 139 KB. If You ought to download It to Your laptop, you might Click here. You also also see more pictures by clicking the image below or see more at this post: Fireplace Cradle.
Cast Iron Fireplace Cradle . (amazing Fireplace Cradle Pictures #4) get to be the most important element in the option of floor for the house. When a floor your coloring choose also black when you have a little property minimalist, then this could create your property inside look satisfied claustrophobic and unpleasant.
When we vary in that space, a common impact is, silent, and relaxed. Therefore the colour of the tile floors could you choose should certainly you take notice , nor be underestimated, because one of ceramic colors may establish the wonder of the house.
If we feel uneasy inside the house, then you definitely as well as your family won't feel relaxed sitting at home in order to produce the terrible aftereffects of your household members end up like to enjoy away from residence. When you can find two shades using the size of the location of the room while in the place exactly the same color of the ground you can see the distinction however they are very different.