Stepstep (step),USA pronunciation n., v., stepped, step•ping.
- a movement made by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, accompanied by a shifting of the weight of the body in the direction of the new position, as in walking, running, or dancing.
- such a movement followed by a movement of equal distance of the other foot: The soldier took one step forward and stood at attention.
- the space passed over or the distance measured by one such movement of the foot.
- the sound made by the foot in making such a movement.
- a mark or impression made by the foot on the ground;
- the manner of walking;
- pace in marching: double-quick step.
- a pace uniform with that of another or others, or in time with music.
- steps, movements or course in walking or running: to retrace one's steps.
- a move, act, or proceeding, as toward some end or in the general course of some action;
stage, measure, or period: the five steps to success.
- rank, degree, or grade, as on a vertical scale.
- a support for the foot in ascending or descending: a step of a ladder; a stair of 14 steps.
- a very short distance: She was never more than a step away from her children.
- a repeated pattern or unit of movement in a dance formed by a combination of foot and body motions.
- a degree of the staff or of the scale.
- the interval between two adjacent scale degrees;
second. Cf. semitone, whole step.
- steps, a stepladder.
- an offset part of anything.
- a socket, frame, or platform for supporting the lower end of a mast.
- a flat-topped ledge on the face of a quarry or a mine working.
- break step, to interrupt or cease walking or marching in step: The marching units were allowed to break step after they had passed the reviewing stand.
- in step:
- moving in time to a rhythm or with the corresponding step of others.
- in harmony or conformity with: They are not in step with the times.
- keep step, to keep pace;
stay in step: The construction of classrooms and the training of teachers have not kept step with population growth.
- out of step:
- not in time to a rhythm or corresponding to the step of others.
- not in harmony or conformity with: They are out of step with the others in their group.
- step by step:
- from one stage to the next in sequence.
- gradually and steadily: We were shown the steelmaking process step by step.
- take steps, to set about putting something into operation;
begin to act: I will take steps to see that your application is processed.
- watch one's step, to proceed with caution;
behave prudently: If she doesn't watch her step, she will be fired from her job.
- to move, go, etc., by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, or by using the feet alternately in this manner: to step forward.
- to walk, or go on foot, esp. for a few strides or a short distance: Step over to the bar.
- to move with measured steps, as in a dance.
- to go briskly or fast, as a horse.
- to obtain, find, win, come upon, etc., something easily and naturally, as if by a mere step of the foot: to step into a good business opportunity.
- to put the foot down;
tread by intention or accident: to step on a cat's tail.
- to press with the foot, as on a lever, spring, or the like, in order to operate some mechanism.
- to take (a step, pace, stride, etc.).
- to go through or perform the steps of (a dance).
- to move or set (the foot) in taking a step.
- to measure (a distance, ground, etc.) by steps (sometimes fol. by off or out).
- to make or arrange in the manner of a series of steps.
- to fix (a mast) in its step.
- step down:
- to lower or decrease by degrees.
- to relinquish one's authority or control;
resign: Although he was past retirement age, he refused to step down and let his son take over the business.
- step in, to become involved;
intervene, as in a quarrel or fight: The brawl was well under way by the time the police stepped in.
- step on it, to hasten one's activity or steps;
hurry up: If we don't step on it, we'll miss the show.
- step out:
- to leave a place, esp. for a brief period of time.
- to walk or march at a more rapid pace.
- to go out to a social gathering or on a date: We're stepping out tonight.
- step up:
- to raise or increase by degrees: to step up production.
- to be promoted;
- to make progress;
Letlet1 (let),USA pronunciation v., let, let•ting, n.
- to allow or permit: to let him escape.
- to allow to pass, go, or come: to let us through.
- to grant the occupancy or use of (land, buildings, rooms, space, etc., or movable property) for rent or hire (sometimes fol. by out).
- to contract or assign for performance, usually under a contract: to let work to a carpenter.
- to cause to;
make: to let one know the truth.
- (used in the imperative as an auxiliary expressive of a request, command, warning, suggestion, etc.): Let me see. Let us go. Just let them try it!
- to admit of being rented or leased: The apartment lets for $100 per week.
- let alone. See alone (def. 5).
- let be:
- to refrain from interference.
- to refrain from interfering with.
- let down:
- to disappoint;
- to betray;
- to slacken;
abate: We were too near success to let down in our efforts.
- to allow to descend slowly;
- (of an airplane) to descend from a higher to a lower altitude preparatory to making an approach and landing or a similar maneuver.
- let go. See go (def. 82).
- let in:
- to admit.
- to involve (a person) in without his or her knowledge or permission: to let someone in for a loss.
- Also, let into. to insert into the surface of (a wall or the like) as a permanent addition: to let a plaque into a wall.
- Also, let in on. to share a secret with;
permit to participate in.
- let off:
- to release by exploding.
- to free from duty or responsibility;
- to allow to go with little or no punishment;
pardon: The judge let off the youthful offender with a reprimand.
- let on:
- to reveal one's true feelings: She was terrified at the prospect, but didn't let on.
- to pretend: They let on that they didn't care about not being invited, but I could tell that they were hurt.
- let out:
- to divulge;
- to release from confinement, restraint, etc.
- to enlarge (a garment).
- to terminate;
end: When does the university let out for the summer?
- to make (a let-out fur or pelt).
- let someone have it, [Informal.]to attack or assault, as by striking, shooting, or rebuking: The gunman threatened to let the teller have it if he didn't move fast.
- let up:
- to slacken;
abate: This heat wave should let up by the end of the week.
- to cease;
stop: The rain let up for a few hours.
- let up on, to treat less severely;
be more lenient with: He refused to let up on the boy until his grades improved.
- a lease.
Itit1 (it),USA pronunciation pron., nom. it, poss. its or ([Obs.]or[Dial.]) it, obj. it;
pl. nom. they, poss. their or theirs, obj. them;
- (used to represent an inanimate thing understood, previously mentioned, about to be mentioned, or present in the immediate context): It has whitewall tires and red upholstery. You can't tell a book by its cover.
- (used to represent a person or animal understood, previously mentioned, or about to be mentioned whose gender is unknown or disregarded): It was the largest ever caught off the Florida coast. Who was it? It was John. The horse had its saddle on.
- (used to represent a group understood or previously mentioned): The judge told the jury it must decide two issues.
- (used to represent a concept or abstract idea understood or previously stated): It all started with Adam and Eve. He has been taught to believe it all his life.
- (used to represent an action or activity understood, previously mentioned, or about to be mentioned): Since you don't like it, you don't have to go skiing.
- (used as the impersonal subject of the verb to be, esp. to refer to time, distance, or the weather): It is six o'clock. It is five miles to town. It was foggy.
- (used in statements expressing an action, condition, fact, circumstance, or situation without reference to an agent): If it weren't for Edna, I wouldn't go.
- (used in referring to something as the origin or cause of pain, pleasure, etc.): Where does it hurt? It looks bad for the candidate.
- (used in referring to a source not specifically named or described): It is said that love is blind.
- (used in referring to the general state of affairs;
circumstances, fate, or life in general): How's it going with you?
- (used as an anticipatory subject or object to make a sentence more eloquent or suspenseful or to shift emphasis): It is necessary that you do your duty. It was a gun that he was carrying.
- [Informal.](used instead of the pronoun its before a gerund): It having rained for only one hour didn't help the crops.
- (in children's games) the player called upon to perform some task, as, in tag, the one who must catch the other players.
- sex appeal.
- sexual intercourse.
- get with it, [Slang.]to become active or interested: He was warned to get with it or resign.
- have it, [Informal.]
- to love someone: She really has it bad for him.
- to possess the requisite abilities for something;
be talented, adept, or proficient: In this business youeither have it or you don't.
- with it, [Slang.]
- aware of the latest fads, fashions, etc.;
- attentive or alert: I'm just not with it early in the morning.
- understanding or appreciative of something, as jazz.
- Carnival Slang. being a member of the carnival.
Hello folks, this image is about Step 8: Let It Dry. ( Designs For Vase Painting #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 800 x 1036. This image's file size is only 96 KB. If You ought to save It to Your PC, you should Click here. You also also download more images by clicking the picture below or read more at here: Designs For Vase Painting.
Inside the Step 8: Let It Dry. ( Designs For Vase Painting #4), naturally can play an important function. As a result of the statue, in addition to stunning, the backyard also looks incredible more creative, and figure. Consequently, in order to carve the sculpture deft such matters, the terms of everything you are considering? It is certainly very important to notice. As such, the statue not merely resting inside the backyard. Here are some points you need to consider to put Designs For Vase Painting for example.
Observe the Exact Distance Between The space with sculpture. The perfect, there's a certain distance between your sculpture of the room where the statue looked-for example veranda. Therefore, the statue is considered in the room readily. Once the length distant or of the statue using the bedroom too near, view's flexibility is certainly challenging to acquire. Only around three meters, the length between the place with the sculpture should really be large for illustration.
Observe the statue that is position together with the style / principle Parks. With position that is such, the sculpture seems more updated for the park. Not different using a yard from each other. If your backyard with minimalist concept, make use of the same design sculpture. Example barrel-molded sculpture mementos or small designs. Or, work with a pitcher statue carving nan minimum variance. Another illustration, in case your backyard in conventional style, location the sculpture is also a conventional style. Like Javanese puppet figurines. The tropical gardens likewise should Balinese statue Balinese style.