Chapterchap•ter (chap′tər),USA pronunciation n.
- a main division of a book, treatise, or the like, usually bearing a number or title.
- a branch, usually restricted to a given locality, of a society, organization, fraternity, etc.: the Connecticut chapter of the American Red Cross.
- an important portion or division of anything: The atomic bomb opened a new chapter in history.
- an assembly of the monks in a monastery, of those in a province, or of the entire order.
- a general assembly of the canons of a church.
- a meeting of the elected representatives of the provinces or houses of a religious community.
- the body of such canons or representatives collectively.
- any general assembly.
- [Liturgy.]a short scriptural quotation read at various parts of the office, as after the last psalm in the service of lauds, prime, tierce, etc.
- [Horol.]any of the marks or numerals designating the hours on a dial.
- to divide into or arrange in chapters.
Sectionsec•tion (sek′shən),USA pronunciation n.
- a part that is cut off or separated.
- a distinct part or subdivision of anything, as an object, country, community, class, or the like: the poor section of town; the left section of a drawer.
- a distinct part or subdivision of a writing, as of a newspaper, legal code, chapter, etc.: the financial section of a daily paper; section 2 of the bylaws.
- one of a number of parts that can be fitted together to make a whole: sections of a fishing rod.
- (in most of the U.S. west of Ohio) one of the 36 numbered subdivisions, each one square mile (2.59 sq. km or 640 acres), of a township.
- an act or instance of cutting;
separation by cutting.
- the making of an incision.
- an incision.
- a thin slice of a tissue, mineral, or the like, as for microscopic examination.
- a representation of an object as it would appear if cut by a plane, showing its internal structure.
- a small unit consisting of two or more squads.
- Also called staff section. any of the subdivisions of a staff.
- a small tactical division in naval and air units.
- a division of a sleeping car containing both an upper and a lower berth.
- a length of trackage, roadbed, signal equipment, etc., maintained by one crew.
- any of two or more trains, buses, or the like, running on the same route and schedule at the same time, one right behind the other, and considered as one unit, as when a second is necessary to accommodate more passengers than the first can carry: On holidays the New York to Boston train runs in three sections.
- a segment of a naturally segmented fruit, as of an orange or grapefruit.
- a division of an orchestra or band containing all the instruments of one class: a rhythm section.
- [Bookbinding.]signature (def. 8).
- Also called section mark. a mark used to indicate a subdivision of a book, chapter, or the like, or as a mark of reference to a footnote.
- [Theat.]one of a series of circuits for controlling certain lights, as footlights.
- shape (def. 12).
- to cut or divide into sections.
- to cut through so as to present a section.
- to make an incision.
Politicspol•i•tics (pol′i tiks),USA pronunciation n. (used with a sing. or pl. v.)
- the science or art of political government.
- the practice or profession of conducting political affairs.
- political affairs: The advocated reforms have become embroiled in politics.
- political methods or maneuvers: We could not approve of his politics in winning passage of the bill.
- political principles or opinions: We avoided discussion of religion and politics. His politics are his own affair.
- use of intrigue or strategy in obtaining any position of power or control, as in business, university, etc.
- (cap., italics) a treatise (4th century b.c.) by Aristotle, dealing with the structure, organization, and administration of the state, esp. the city-state as known in ancient Greece.
- play politics.
- to engage in political intrigue, take advantage of a political situation or issue, resort to partisan politics, etc.;
exploit a political system or political relationships.
- to deal with people in an opportunistic, manipulative, or devious way, as for job advancement.
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Gildedgild•ed (gil′did),USA pronunciation adj.
- covered or highlighted with gold or something of a golden color.
- having a pleasing or showy appearance that conceals something of little worth.
Ageage (āj),USA pronunciation n., v., aged, ag•ing or age•ing.
- the length of time during which a being or thing has existed;
length of life or existence to the time spoken of or referred to: trees of unknown age; His age is 20 years.
- a period of human life, measured by years from birth, usually marked by a certain stage or degree of mental or physical development and involving legal responsibility and capacity: the age of discretion; the age of consent; The state raised the drinking age from 18 to 21 years.
- the particular period of life at which a person becomes naturally or conventionally qualified or disqualified for anything: He was over age for military duty.
- one of the periods or stages of human life: a person of middle age.
- advanced years;
old age: His eyes were dim with age.
- a particular period of history, as distinguished from others;
a historical epoch: the age of Pericles; the Stone Age; the age of electronic communications.
- the period of history contemporary with the span of an individual's life: He was the most famous architect of the age.
- a generation or a series of generations: ages yet unborn.
- a great length of time: I haven't seen you for an age. He's been gone for ages.
- the average life expectancy of an individual or of the individuals of a class or species: The age of a horse is from 25 to 30 years.
- the level of mental, emotional, or educational development of a person, esp. a child, as determined by various tests and based on a comparison of the individual's score with the average score for persons of the same chronological age.
- a period of the history of the earth distinguished by some special feature: the Ice Age.
- a unit of geological time, shorter than an epoch, during which the rocks comprising a stage were formed.
- any of the successive periods in human history divided, according to Hesiod, into the golden, silver, bronze, heroic, and iron ages.
- [Poker.]the first player at the dealer's left. Cf. edge (def. 10a).
- See eldest hand.
- of age:
- being any of several ages, usually 21 or 18, at which certain legal rights, as voting or marriage, are acquired.
- being old enough for full legal rights and responsibilities.
- to grow old: He is aging rapidly.
- to mature, as wine, cheese, or wood: a heavy port that ages slowly.
- to make old;
cause to grow or seem old: Fear aged him overnight.
- to bring to maturity or a state fit for use: to age wine.
- to store (a permanent magnet, a capacitor, or other similar device) so that its electrical or magnetic characteristics become constant.
Hello , this attachment is about Chapter 7 Section 3 Politics In The Gilded Age #2 3 Municipal .. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 931 x 698. It's file size is just 86 KB. Wether You desired to download This attachment to Your computer, you could Click here. You may too see more images by clicking the following picture or see more at here: Chapter 7 Section 3 Politics In The Gilded Age.
The house frequently has a unique figure. Furthermore with all cottages or the cottage are found in the united kingdom. Do not need to transform the construction of the building is a lot of, Chapter 7 Section 3 Politics In The Gilded Age #2 3 Municipal . types and standard cottage compete.
Never requested an effect, attractive! As a way to take care of the building's personality, Kitchen's developer Alex Saint Structure introducing a kitchen style in addition to the principal building. The end result? Stunning! Yes, Chelshire was operating out of by a cottage, the united kingdom will be the building under consideration.
The cottage was integrated the 18th-century and is now past renovation's stage. Rather than wanting to copy the style of the cottage, Alex St made a decision to develop an additional home design that preserve the character with this residence and will minimize the entire lodge's architectural change.
A glass cube's kitchen design in the form. Glass' use here's meant to have the ability to control the temperature. Glass can be opened to supply fresh-air in to the room, while summer comes. For there to be always a popular line between the Chapter 7 Section 3 Politics In The Gilded Age #2 3 Municipal . with new kitchen, surfaces utilising the same content by having an outside deck.
Desire to deliver the setting is inviting and cozy, the furniture includes a soft bright color as his finishing. Contemporary equipment is also stunning this one is complemented by home design. Likewise with up lighting to illuminate the area during the night.
If you also tranquil using a moderate vintage and just like the setting of the warm home experience with likely an excellent selection for you. To have this style you use a wooden ground and possibly can make inexpensive kitchen units an election which have pattern features a design. Warmer will be felt by utilizing bright hues brown with details of lumber and bright colors could make supper inside the home along with your family.