Firefire (fīər),USA pronunciation n., v., fired, fir•ing.
- a state, process, or instance of combustion in which fuel or other material is ignited and combined with oxygen, giving off light, heat, and flame.
- a burning mass of material, as on a hearth or in a furnace.
- the destructive burning of a building, town, forest, etc.;
- heat used for cooking, esp. the lighted burner of a stove: Put the kettle on the fire.
- See Greek fire.
- flashing light;
- brilliance, as of a gem.
- burning passion;
excitement or enthusiasm;
- liveliness of imagination.
- fever or inflammation.
- severe trial or trouble;
- exposure to fire as a means of torture or ordeal.
- strength, as of an alcoholic beverage.
- a spark or sparks.
- the discharge of firearms: enemy fire.
- the effect of firing military weapons: to pour fire upon the enemy.
- a gas or electric heater used for heating a room.
- [Literary.]a luminous object, as a star: heavenly fires.
- between two fires, under physical or verbal attack from two or more sides simultaneously: The senator is between two fires because of his stand on the bill.
- build a fire under, [Informal.]to cause or urge to take action, make a decision quickly, or work faster: If somebody doesn't build a fire under that committee, it will never reach a decision.
- catch fire:
- Also, catch on fire. to become ignited;
burn: The sofa caught fire from a lighted cigarette.
- to create enthusiasm: His new book did not catch fire among his followers.
- fight fire with fire, to use the same tactics as one's opponent;
return like for like.
- go through fire and water, to brave any danger or endure any trial: He said he would go through fire and water to win her hand.
- hang fire:
- to be delayed in exploding, or fail to explode.
- to be undecided, postponed, or delayed: The new housing project is hanging fire because of concerted opposition.
- miss fire:
- to fail to explode or discharge, as a firearm.
- to fail to produce the desired effect;
be unsuccessful: He repeated the joke, but it missed fire the second time.
- on fire:
zealous: They were on fire to prove themselves in competition.
- play with fire, to trifle with a serious or dangerous matter: He didn't realize that insulting the border guards was playing with fire.
- set fire to:
- to cause to burn;
- to excite;
inflame: The painting set fire to the composer's imagination.Also, set on fire.
- take fire:
- to become ignited;
- to become inspired with enthusiasm or zeal: Everyone who heard him speak immediately took fire.
- under fire:
- under attack, esp. by military forces.
- under censure or criticism: The school administration is under fire for its policies.
- to set on fire.
- to supply with fuel;
attend to the fire of: They fired the boiler.
- to expose to the action of fire;
subject to heat.
- to apply heat to in a kiln for baking or glazing;
- to heat very slowly for the purpose of drying, as tea.
- to inflame, as with passion;
fill with ardor.
- to inspire.
- to light or cause to glow as if on fire.
- to discharge (a gun).
- to project (a bullet or the like) by or as if by discharging from a gun.
- to subject to explosion or explosive force, as a mine.
- to hurl;
throw: to fire a stone through a window.
- to dismiss from a job.
- to apply a heated iron to (the skin) in order to create a local inflammation of the superficial structures, with the intention of favorably affecting deeper inflammatory processes.
- to drive out or away by or as by fire.
- to take fire;
- to glow as if on fire.
- to become inflamed with passion;
- to shoot, as a gun.
- to discharge a gun: to fire at a fleeing enemy.
- to hurl a projectile.
- to ring the bells of a chime all at once.
- (of plant leaves) to turn yellow or brown before the plant matures.
- (of an internal-combustion engine) to cause ignition of the air-fuel mixture in a cylinder or cylinders.
- (of a nerve cell) to discharge an electric impulse.
- fire away, to begin to talk and continue without slackening, as to ask a series of questions: The reporters fired away at the president.
- fire off:
- to discharge (as weapons, ammunition, etc.): Police fired off canisters of tear gas.
- to write and send hurriedly: She fired off an angry letter to her congressman.
Pitpit1 (pit),USA pronunciation n., v., pit•ted, pit•ting.
- a naturally formed or excavated hole or cavity in the ground: pits caused by erosion; clay pits.
- a covered or concealed excavation in the ground, serving as a trap.
- an excavation made in exploring for or removing a mineral deposit, as by open-cut methods.
- the shaft of a coal mine.
- the mine itself.
- the abode of evil spirits and lost souls;
hell: an evil inspiration from the pit.
- the pits, an extremely unpleasant, boring, or depressing place, condition, person, etc.;
the absolute worst: When you're alone, Christmas is the pits.
- a hollow or indentation in a surface: glass flawed by pits.
- a natural hollow or depression in the body: the pit of the back.
- pits, the armpits: up to my pits in work.
- a small, depressed scar, as one of those left on the skin after smallpox or chicken pox.
- an enclosure, usually below the level of the spectators, as for staging fights between dogs, cocks, or, formerly, bears.
- (in a commodity exchange) a part of the floor of the exchange where trading in a particular commodity takes place: the corn pit.
- all that part of the main floor of a theater behind the musicians.
- the main floor of a theater behind the stalls.
- orchestra (def. 2a).
- (in a hoistway) a space below the level of the lowest floor served.
- [Auto Racing.]an area at the side of a track, for servicing and refueling the cars.
- [Bowling.]the sunken area of a bowling alley behind the pins, for the placement or recovery of pins that have been knocked down.
- [Track.]the area forward of the takeoff point in a jumping event, as the broad jump or pole vault, that is filled with sawdust or soft earth to lessen the force of the jumper's landing.
- the area or room of a casino containing gambling tables.
- to mark or indent with pits or depressions: ground pitted by erosion.
- to scar with pockmarks: His forehead was pitted by chicken pox.
- to place or bury in a pit, as for storage.
- to set in opposition or combat, as one against another.
- to put (animals) in a pit or enclosure for fighting.
- to become marked with pits or depressions.
- (of body tissue) to retain temporarily a mark of pressure, as by a finger, instrument, etc.
Outdoorout•door (out′dôr′, -dōr′),USA pronunciation adj.
- Also, outdoors. characteristic of, located, occurring, or belonging outdoors: an outdoor barbecue; outdoor sports.
Grategrate1 (grāt),USA pronunciation n., v., grat•ed, grat•ing.
- a frame of metal bars for holding fuel when burning, as in a fireplace, furnace, or stove.
- a framework of parallel or crossed bars, used as a partition, guard, cover, or the like;
- a fireplace.
- to furnish with a grate or grates.
Howdy , this photo is about Fire Pit Outdoor #12 Lattice Grate. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 456 x 684. It's file size is just 73 KB. If You decided to download It to Your PC, you should Click here. You also too see more attachments by clicking the photo below or see more at this article: Fire Pit Outdoor.
The Fire Pit Outdoor #12 Lattice Grate can be quite a center point in the place were fantastic. It can be covered by you with tile, timber, steel, or rock with respect to the type of the glance along with the kitchen you desire. An example will be the home Jered Snelson who renovated kitchen with backsplash made of jewel tile and steel. The backsplash is created within the type of a wide strip that put in a focal point that was gorgeous and defends the wall.
in your kitchen backsplash because of the unfavorable affect of the water against the wood's look, wood is rarely found for the substance. Nevertheless, some modern kitchens continue to be employing lumber for decor backsplash. Wood can give a rustic feel to the kitchen or just include a contemporary minimalist design and warmth.
An extensive number of sizes, shapes and hues in one single sort of porcelain make this content be adaptable. Below are a few options backsplash. Since it gives luxury and its own class towards the home, specially marble stone backsplash is popular. The color might be even a general that is different or white or gray jewel. Jewel might be tiled or menu if you prefer a smooth consistency.
You're able to pick an imaginative that is Fire Pit Outdoor #12 Lattice Grate with steel discs or tiles to include ornamental accessories for the kitchen wall. As it pertains towards the kitchen and a few of the main elements while in the kitchen, whether you're considering additionally the main wall, sink, countertop, and freezer?
Hard tiles pretty quickly washed after washing to stop water destinations that could blunt the tiles' color even though it must be removed thoroughly using a clear dried cloth. A of type, often lengthy Fire Pit Outdoor #12 Lattice Grate created from the table for the wall along with the wardrobe where the range along with the torpedo is located. Thus generally horizontal strip but can straight well.
Backsplash produced extending typically employs your kitchen collection in choosing the Fire Pit Outdoor #12 Lattice Grate for kitchen. Components which might be easily washed normally be one of many criteria for resources for the backsplash's collection. Supplies popular are ceramics. Ceramic remains an extremely popular option among shoppers.
A metal plate may be used in the place of jewel or timber. Add a merry decorative menu as well as a surface that is diverse with stone or timber countertop for the walls and units contrast. The tiles really are a great option since it isn't merely beautiful and colorful, but additionally quite useful for creating a backsplash.
Guaranteed is most needed while cooking in the home? Nonetheless, you should begin to search a part of your home wall. If you take up the wall only to clean or repaint to clean the stains are hard to clean, then there's the right solution for you.