Also, D.I.Y., d.i.y.
- do-it-yourself: DIY house decorating.
Firefire (fīər),USA pronunciation n., v., fired, fir•ing.
- a state, process, or instance of combustion in which fuel or other material is ignited and combined with oxygen, giving off light, heat, and flame.
- a burning mass of material, as on a hearth or in a furnace.
- the destructive burning of a building, town, forest, etc.;
- heat used for cooking, esp. the lighted burner of a stove: Put the kettle on the fire.
- See Greek fire.
- flashing light;
- brilliance, as of a gem.
- burning passion;
excitement or enthusiasm;
- liveliness of imagination.
- fever or inflammation.
- severe trial or trouble;
- exposure to fire as a means of torture or ordeal.
- strength, as of an alcoholic beverage.
- a spark or sparks.
- the discharge of firearms: enemy fire.
- the effect of firing military weapons: to pour fire upon the enemy.
- a gas or electric heater used for heating a room.
- [Literary.]a luminous object, as a star: heavenly fires.
- between two fires, under physical or verbal attack from two or more sides simultaneously: The senator is between two fires because of his stand on the bill.
- build a fire under, [Informal.]to cause or urge to take action, make a decision quickly, or work faster: If somebody doesn't build a fire under that committee, it will never reach a decision.
- catch fire:
- Also, catch on fire. to become ignited;
burn: The sofa caught fire from a lighted cigarette.
- to create enthusiasm: His new book did not catch fire among his followers.
- fight fire with fire, to use the same tactics as one's opponent;
return like for like.
- go through fire and water, to brave any danger or endure any trial: He said he would go through fire and water to win her hand.
- hang fire:
- to be delayed in exploding, or fail to explode.
- to be undecided, postponed, or delayed: The new housing project is hanging fire because of concerted opposition.
- miss fire:
- to fail to explode or discharge, as a firearm.
- to fail to produce the desired effect;
be unsuccessful: He repeated the joke, but it missed fire the second time.
- on fire:
zealous: They were on fire to prove themselves in competition.
- play with fire, to trifle with a serious or dangerous matter: He didn't realize that insulting the border guards was playing with fire.
- set fire to:
- to cause to burn;
- to excite;
inflame: The painting set fire to the composer's imagination.Also, set on fire.
- take fire:
- to become ignited;
- to become inspired with enthusiasm or zeal: Everyone who heard him speak immediately took fire.
- under fire:
- under attack, esp. by military forces.
- under censure or criticism: The school administration is under fire for its policies.
- to set on fire.
- to supply with fuel;
attend to the fire of: They fired the boiler.
- to expose to the action of fire;
subject to heat.
- to apply heat to in a kiln for baking or glazing;
- to heat very slowly for the purpose of drying, as tea.
- to inflame, as with passion;
fill with ardor.
- to inspire.
- to light or cause to glow as if on fire.
- to discharge (a gun).
- to project (a bullet or the like) by or as if by discharging from a gun.
- to subject to explosion or explosive force, as a mine.
- to hurl;
throw: to fire a stone through a window.
- to dismiss from a job.
- to apply a heated iron to (the skin) in order to create a local inflammation of the superficial structures, with the intention of favorably affecting deeper inflammatory processes.
- to drive out or away by or as by fire.
- to take fire;
- to glow as if on fire.
- to become inflamed with passion;
- to shoot, as a gun.
- to discharge a gun: to fire at a fleeing enemy.
- to hurl a projectile.
- to ring the bells of a chime all at once.
- (of plant leaves) to turn yellow or brown before the plant matures.
- (of an internal-combustion engine) to cause ignition of the air-fuel mixture in a cylinder or cylinders.
- (of a nerve cell) to discharge an electric impulse.
- fire away, to begin to talk and continue without slackening, as to ask a series of questions: The reporters fired away at the president.
- fire off:
- to discharge (as weapons, ammunition, etc.): Police fired off canisters of tear gas.
- to write and send hurriedly: She fired off an angry letter to her congressman.
Lessless (les),USA pronunciation adv., [a compar. of] little [with]least [as superl.]
- to a smaller extent, amount, or degree: less exact.
- most certainly not (often prec. by much or still): He could barely pay for his own lodging, much less for that of his friend.
- in any way different;
other: He is nothing less than a thief.
- less than, by far short of being;
not in the least;
hardly at all: The job is less than perfect.
adj., [a compar. of]little [with]least [as superl.]
- smaller in size, amount, degree, etc.;
not so large, great, or much: less money; less speed.
- lower in consideration, rank, or importance: no less a person than the manager.
- fewer: less than a dozen.
- a smaller amount or quantity: Hundreds of soldiers arrived, but less of them remained.
- something inferior or not as important: He was tortured for less.
without: a year less two days; six dollars less tax.
Thanthan (ᵺan, ᵺen; unstressed ᵺən, ən),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used, as after comparative adjectives and adverbs, to introduce the second member of an unequal comparison): She's taller than I am.
- (used after some adverbs and adjectives expressing choice or diversity, such as other, otherwise, else, anywhere, or different, to introduce an alternative or denote a difference in kind, place, style, identity, etc.): I had no choice other than that. You won't find such freedom anywhere else than in this country.
- (used to introduce the rejected choice in expressions of preference): I'd rather walk than drive there.
other than: We had no choice than to return home.
- when: We had barely arrived than we had to leave again.
- in relation to;
by comparison with (usually fol. by a pronoun in the objective case): He is a person than whom I can imagine no one more courteous.
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Oneone (wun),USA pronunciation adj.
- being or amounting to a single unit or individual or entire thing, item, or object rather than two or more;
a single: one woman; one nation; one piece of cake.
- being a person, thing, or individual instance or member of a number, kind, group, or category indicated: one member of the party.
- existing, acting, or considered as a single unit, entity, or individual.
- of the same or having a single kind, nature, or condition: We belong to one team; We are of one resolve.
- noting some indefinite day or time in the future: You will see him one day.
- a certain (often used in naming a person otherwise unknown or undescribed): One John Smith was chosen.
- being a particular, unique, or only individual, item, or unit: I'm looking for the one adviser I can trust.
- noting some indefinite day or time in the past: We all had dinner together one evening last week.
- of no consequence as to the character, outcome, etc.;
the same: It's all one to me whether they go or not.
- the first and lowest whole number, being a cardinal number;
- a symbol of this number, as 1 or I.
- a single person or thing: If only problems would come one at a time!
- a die face or a domino face having one pip.
- a one-dollar bill: to change a five-dollar bill for five ones.
- (cap.) [Neoplatonism.]the ultimate reality, seen as a central source of being by whose emanations all entities, spiritual and corporeal, have their existence, the corporeal ones containing the fewest of the emanations.
- at one:
- in a state of agreement;
of one opinion.
- united in thought or feeling;
attuned: He felt at one with his Creator.
- one and all, everyone: They came, one and all, to welcome him home.
- one by one, singly and successively: One by one the children married and moved away.
- one for the road. See road (def. 8).
- a person or thing of a number or kind indicated or understood: one of the Elizabethan poets.
- (in certain pronominal combinations) a person unless definitely specified otherwise: every one.
- (with a defining clause or other qualifying words) a person or a personified being or agency: the evil one; the one I love.
- any person indefinitely;
anyone: as good as one would desire.
- [Chiefly Brit.](used as a substitute for the pronoun I): Mother had been ailing for many months, and one should have realized it.
- a person of the speaker's kind;
such as the speaker himself or herself: to press one's own claims.
- something or someone of the kind just mentioned: The portraits are fine ones. Your teachers this semester seem to be good ones.
- something available or referred to, esp. in the immediate area: Here, take one—they're delicious. The bar is open, so have one on me!
Hi folks, this picture is about DIY Fire Pit. Less Than $700 And One Weekend. ( Fire Pit Outdoor #11). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 640 x 853. It's file size is just 144 KB. Wether You want to save This post to Your laptop, you could Click here. You might also download more pictures by clicking the following image or read more at this article: Fire Pit Outdoor.
This design's use applies in case you already have kids who're produced outdated. You must avoid these colors, if your children are toddlers. Why? Yes naturally, to prevent the effect of dirty that induced in using your preferred furniture, since not him youngsters.
Particularly if you've animals such as pets or cats, must avoid the utilization of furniture is bright. You will be troubled with extra treatment. The white shade is generally rapidly clear dust or if stains. So that you will soon be pleased rundown and rapidly outdated, so forget about elegant furniture.
Additional shades that you could utilize to not supply specific results on your home furniture's usage layout. You'll be able to select brown or green leaves if you select DIY Fire Pit. Less Than $700 And One Weekend. ( Fire Pit Outdoor #11) that triggered the mysterious, for natural color. For a stylish and sleek effect can be manifested by presenting the colour black.