Outsideout•side (n. out′sīd′, -sīd′;adj. out′sīd′, out′-;
prep. out′sīd′, out′sīd′),USA pronunciation n.
- the outer side, surface, or part;
exterior: The outside of the house needs painting.
- the external aspect or appearance.
- the space without or beyond an enclosure, institution, boundary, etc.: a prisoner about to resume life on the outside.
- a position away or farther away from the inside or center: The horse on the outside finished second.
- an outside passenger or place on a coach or other vehicle.
- [Northern Canada and Alaska.](sometimes cap.) the settled or more populous part of Canada or the U.S.
- at the outside, at the utmost limit;
at the maximum: There weren't more than ten at the outside.
- being, acting, done, or originating beyond an enclosure, boundary, etc.: outside noises; news from the outside world.
- situated on or pertaining to the outside;
external: an outside television antenna.
- situated away from the inside or center;
farther or farthest away from the inside or center: the outside lane.
- not belonging to or connected with a specified institution, society, etc.: outside influences; outside help.
- extremely unlikely or remote: an outside chance for recovery.
- extreme or maximum: an outside estimate.
- being in addition to one's regular work or duties: an outside job.
- working on or assigned to the outside, as of a place or organization: an outside man to care for the grounds.
- [Baseball.](of a pitched ball) passing, but not going over, home plate on the side opposite the batter: The fastball was high and outside.
- on or to the outside, exterior, or space without: Take the dog outside.
- in or to an area that is removed from or beyond a given place or region: The country's inhabitants seldom travel outside.
- on or toward the outside of: There was a noise outside the door.
- beyond the confines or borders of: visitors from outside the country.
- with the exception of;
aside from: She has no interests outside her work.
- outside of, other than;
excepting: Outside of us, no one else came to the party.
Hammockham•mock1 (ham′ək),USA pronunciation n.
- a hanging bed or couch made of canvas, netted cord, or the like, with cords attached to supports at each end.
Goodgood (gŏŏd),USA pronunciation adj., bet•ter, best, n., interj., adv.
- morally excellent;
pious: a good man.
- satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
- of high quality;
fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
- well-behaved: a good child.
- kind, beneficent, or friendly: to do a good deed.
- honorable or worthy;
in good standing: a good name.
- educated and refined: She has a good background.
- financially sound or safe: His credit is good.
not counterfeit: a good quarter.
- sound or valid: good judgment; good reasons.
responsible: good advice.
beneficial: Fresh fruit is good for you.
- in excellent condition;
healthy: good teeth.
- not spoiled or tainted;
palatable: The meat was still good after three months in the freezer.
propitious: good news.
amiable: in good spirits.
- free of distress or pain;
comfortable: to feel good after surgery.
pleasant: Have a good time.
handsome: She has a good figure.
- (of the complexion) smooth;
free from blemish.
- close or intimate;
warm: She's a good friend of mine.
- sufficient or ample: a good supply.
satisfactory for the purpose: a good day for fishing.
- competent or skillful;
clever: a good manager; good at arithmetic.
- skillfully or expertly done: a really good job; a good play.
- conforming to rules of grammar, usage, etc.;
correct: good English.
- socially proper: good manners.
- remaining available to one: Don't throw good money after bad.
- comparatively new or of relatively fine quality: Don't play in the mud in your good clothes.
- best or most dressy: He wore his good suit to the office today.
- full: a good day's journey away.
- fairly large or great: a good amount.
- free from precipitation or cloudiness: good weather.
- (of a patient's condition) having stable and normal vital signs, being conscious and comfortable, and having excellent appetite, mobility, etc.
rich: good soil.
- loyal: a good Democrat.
- (of a return or service in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) landing within the limits of a court or section of a court.
- [Horse Racing.](of the surface of a track) drying after a rain so as to be still slightly sticky: This horse runs best on a good track.
- (of meat, esp. beef ) noting or pertaining to the specific grade below "choice,'' containing more lean muscle and less edible fat than "prime'' or "choice.''
- favorably regarded (used as an epithet for a ship, town, etc.): the good shipSyrena.
- as good as. See as 1 (def. 18).
- good for:
- certain to repay (money owed) because of integrity, financial stability, etc.
- the equivalent in value of: Two thousand stamps are good for one coffeepot.
- able to survive or continue functioning for (the length of time or the distance indicated): These tires are good for another 10,000 miles.
- valid or in effect for (the length of time indicated): a license good for one year.
- (used as an expression of approval): Good for you!
- good full, (of a sail or sails) well filled, esp. when sailing close to the wind;
- make good:
- to make recompense for;
- to implement an agreement;
- to be successful.
- to substantiate;
- to carry out;
execute: The convicts made good their getaway.
- no good, without value or merit;
contemptible: The check was no good.
- profit or advantage;
benefit: What good will that do? We shall work for the common good.
- excellence or merit;
kindness: to do good.
- moral righteousness;
virtue: to be a power for good.
- (esp. in the grading of U.S. beef ) an official grade below that of "choice.''
- possessions, esp. movable effects or personal property.
- articles of trade;
merchandise: canned goods.
- what has been promised or is expected: to deliver the goods.
- the genuine article.
- evidence of guilt, as stolen articles: to catch someone with the goods.
- cloth or textile material: top-quality linen goods.
- [Chiefly Brit.]merchandise sent by land, rather than by water or air.
- come to no good, to end in failure or as a failure: Her jealous relatives said that she would come to no good.
- for good, finally and permanently;
forever: to leave the country for good.Also, for good and all.
- the good:
- the ideal of goodness or morality.
- good things or persons collectively.
- to the good:
- generally advantageous: That's all to the good, but what do I get out of it?
- richer in profit or gain: When he withdrew from the partnership, he was several thousand dollars to the good.
- (used as an expression of approval or satisfaction): Good! Now we can all go home.
- good and, very;
exceedingly: This soup is good and hot.
Lookinglook (lŏŏk),USA pronunciation v.i.
- to turn one's eyes toward something or in some direction in order to see: He looked toward the western horizon and saw the returning planes.
- to glance or gaze in a manner specified: to look questioningly at a person.
- to use one's sight or vision in seeking, searching, examining, watching, etc.: to look through the papers.
- to tend, as in bearing or significance: Conditions look toward war.
- to appear or seem to the eye as specified: to look pale.
- to appear or seem to the mind: The case looks promising.
- to direct attention or consideration: to look at the facts.
- to have an outlook or afford a view: The window looks upon the street.
- to face or front: The house looks to the east.
- to give (someone) a look: He looked me straight in the eye.
- to have an appearance appropriate to or befitting (something): She looked her age.
- to appear to be;
look like: He looked a perfect fool, coming to the party a day late.
- to express or suggest by looks: to look one's annoyance at a person.
- [Archaic.]to bring, put, etc., by looks.
- look after:
- to follow with the eye, as someone or something moving away: She looked after him as he walked toward the train station.
- to pay attention to;
concern oneself with: to look after one's own interests.
- to take care of;
minister to: to look after a child.
- look back, to review past events;
return in thought: When I look back on our school days, it seems as if they were a century ago.
- look daggers, to look at someone with a furious, menacing expression: I could see my partner looking daggers at me.
- look down on or upon, to regard with scorn or disdain;
have contempt for: They look down on all foreigners.
- look down one's nose at, to regard with an overbearing attitude of superiority, disdain, or censure: The more advanced students really looked down their noses at the beginners.
- look for:
- to seek;
search for: Columbus was looking for a shorter route to India when he discovered America.
- to anticipate;
expect: I'll be looking for you at the reception.
- look forward to, to anticipate with eagerness or pleasure: I always look forward to your visits.
- look in:
- Also, look into. to look briefly inside of: Look in the jar and tell me if any cookies are left.
- Also, look in on. to visit (a person, place, etc.) briefly: I'll look in some day next week.
- look into, to inquire into;
examine: The auditors are looking into the records to find the cause of the discrepancy.
- look on or upon:
- to be a spectator;
watch: The crowd looked on at the street brawl.
- to consider;
regard: They look upon gambling as sinful.
- look out:
- to look to the outside, as from a window or a place of observation: From her office window, she could look out over the bustling city.
- to be vigilant or on guard: Look out, there are dangers ahead.
- to afford a view;
face: The room looks out on the garden.
- look out for, to take watchful care of;
be concerned about: He has to look out for his health.
- look over, to examine, esp. briefly: Will you please look over my report before I submit it?
- look sharp:
- to be alert and quick: If you want to get ahead, you must look sharp.
- Also, look slippy. to hurry: You'd better look sharp! It's getting late.
- look to:
- to direct one's glance or gaze to: If you look to your left, you can see the Empire State Building.
- to pay attention to: Look to your own affairs and stay out of mine.
- to direct one's expectations or hopes to: We look to the day when world peace will be a reality.
- to regard with expectation and anticipation: We look to the future and greater advances in science and technology.
- look up:
- to direct the eyes upward;
raise one's glance: The other guests looked up as she entered the room.
- to become better or more prosperous;
improve: Business is looking up.
- to search for, as an item of information, in a reference book or the like: Look up the answer in the encyclopedia.
- to seek out, esp. to visit: to look up an old friend.
- [Naut.](of a sailing ship) to head more nearly in the direction of its destination after a favoring change of wind.
- look up to, to regard with admiration or respect;
esteem: A boy needs a father he can look up to.
- the act of looking: a look of inquiry.
- a visual search or examination.
- the way in which a person or thing appears to the eye or to the mind;
aspect: He has the look of an honest man. The tablecloth has a cheap look.
- an expressive glance: to give someone a sharp look.
- general aspect;
appearance: to like the looks of a place.
- attractive, pleasing appearance.
Outdoorout•door (out′dôr′, -dōr′),USA pronunciation adj.
- Also, outdoors. characteristic of, located, occurring, or belonging outdoors: an outdoor barbecue; outdoor sports.
Stringstring (string),USA pronunciation n., v., strung;
strung or (Rare) stringed;
- a slender cord or thick thread used for binding or tying;
- something resembling a cord or thread.
- a mathematical entity used to represent elementary particles, as gravitons, quarks, or leptons, in terms of a small but finite stringlike object existing in the four dimensions of spacetime and in additional, hypothetical, spacelike dimensions. The theory of such objects(string theory) avoids the many mathematical difficulties that arise from treating particles as points.
- a narrow strip of flexible material, as cloth or leather, for tying parts together: the strings of a bonnet.
- a necklace consisting of a number of beads, pearls, or the like threaded or strung on a cord;
strand: She wore a double string of pearls.
- any series of things arranged or connected in a line or following closely one after another: a string of islands; a string of questions.
- a series of railroad cars coupled together but not constituting an entire train.
- a compilation of clippings of a stringer's published writings, submitted in request of payment according to an agreed space rate.
- a group of animals, esp. saddle horses, owned or used by one person: a string of polo ponies.
- (in a musical instrument) a tightly stretched cord or wire that produces a tone when caused to vibrate, as by plucking, striking, or friction of a bow.
- stringed instruments, esp. those played with a bow.
- players on such instruments in an orchestra or band.
- a bowstring.
- a cord or fiber in a plant.
- the tough piece uniting the two parts of a pod: the strings of beans.
- a stringcourse.
- Also called stringer. one of the sloping sides of a stair, supporting the treads and risers.
- a linear sequence of symbols, words, characters, or bits that is treated as a unit.
- [Billiards, Pool.]
- a stroke made by each player from the head of the table to the opposite cushion and back, to determine, by means of the resultant positions of the cue balls, who shall open the game.
- Also called string line. a line from behind which the cue ball is placed after being out of play.
- a complement of contestants or players grouped as a squad in accordance with their skill: He made the second string on the football team.
- Usually, strings. conditions or limitations on a proposal: a generous offer with no strings attached.
- [Obs.]a ligament, nerve, or the like in an animal body.
- on a or the string, [Informal.]subject to the whim of another;
in one's power;
dependent: After keeping me on a string for two months, they finally hired someone else.
- pull strings or wires:
- to use one's influence or authority, usually in secret, in order to bring about a desired result.
- to gain or attempt to gain one's objectives by means of influential friends, associates, etc.: He had his uncle pull strings to get him a promotion.
- to furnish with or as with a string or strings: tostring a bonnet;
to string a bow.
- to extend or stretch (a cord, thread, etc.) from one point to another.
- to thread on or as on a string: to string beads.
- to connect in or as in a line;
arrange in a series or succession: She knows how to string words together.
- to adjust the string of (a bow) or tighten the strings of (a musical instrument) to the required pitch.
- to equip (a bow or instrument) with new strings.
- to provide or adorn with something suspended or slung: a room strung with festoons.
- to deprive of a string or strings;
strip the strings from: to string beans.
- to make tense, as the sinews, nerves, mind, etc.
- to kill by hanging (usually fol. by up).
- to fool or hoax.
- to form into or move in a string or series: The ideas string together coherently.
- to form into a string or strings, as a glutinous substance does when pulled: Good taffy doesn't break —it strings.
- string along, [Informal.]
- to be in agreement;
follow with confidence: He found he couldn't string along with all their modern notions.
- to keep (a person) waiting or in a state of uncertainty.
- to deceive;
- string out:
- to extend;
stretch out: The parade strung out for miles.
- to prolong: The promised three days strung out to six weeks.
Lightslights (līts),USA pronunciation n.pl.
- the lungs, esp. of sheep, pigs, etc.
Howdy guys, this image is about Outside Hammock Good Looking #1 Outdoor String Lights. This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 690 x 973. This picture's file size is only 145 KB. If You desired to save This image to Your PC, you could Click here. You also too download more photos by clicking the photo below or see more at this article: Outside Hammock.
Devote their free period after gripped by chaotic nights, drinking milk coffee with buddies or family come together at home is just a circumstance along with a good atmosphere. Occasions warmth restore your power using a lot of memories of togetherness and recover energy to combat the strain of the work.
A Outside Hammock can replicate the private preference of designing the household room. In case you are an individual who includes a modern home design, you may prefer distinct modern coffee table for your home. Contemporary coffee table displaying individual flavor.
Contemporary coffeetable influences the decoration is magnificent and sophisticated in features of the home. It is better for you to understand the different variations and models of modern coffeetable on the internet if you'd like to place a contemporary coffee table inside the living-room.