Darkdark (därk),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., v.
- having very little or no light: a dark room.
- radiating, admitting, or reflecting little light: a dark color.
- approaching black in hue: a dark brown.
- not pale or fair;
swarthy: a dark complexion.
dark-colored: dark eyebrows.
- having brunette hair: She's dark but her children are blond.
- (of coffee) containing only a small amount of milk or cream.
dismal: the dark days of World War II.
frowning: a dark expression.
wicked: a dark plot.
- destitute of knowledge or culture;
- hard to understand;
- (of a theater) offering no performances;
closed: The theaters in this town are dark on Sundays.
- (of an l- sound) having back-vowel resonance;
situated after a vowel in the same syllable. Cf. clear (def. 24a).
- (of a speech sound) of dull quality;
- keep dark, to keep as a secret;
conceal: They kept their political activities dark.
- the absence of light;
darkness: I can't see well in the dark.
nightfall: Please come home before dark.
- a dark place.
- a dark color.
- in the dark:
- in ignorance;
uninformed: He was in the dark about their plans for the evening.
- in secrecy;
- to make dark;
- [Obs.]to grow dark;
Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Brownbrown (broun),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v.
- a dark tertiary color with a yellowish or reddish hue.
- a person whose skin has a dusky or light-brown pigmentation.
- of the color brown.
- (of animals) having skin, fur, hair, or feathers of that color.
- sunburned or tanned.
- (of persons) having the skin naturally pigmented a brown color.
- do it up brown, [Informal.]to do thoroughly: When they entertain, they really do it up brown.
brown′ish, brown′y, adj.
- to make or become brown.
- to fry, sauté, or scorch slightly in cooking: to brown onions before adding them to the stew. The potatoes browned in the pan.
- browned off, [Slang.]angry;
- brown out, to subject to a brownout: The power failure browned out the southern half of the state.
Sugarsug•ar (shŏŏg′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a sweet, crystalline substance, C12H22O11, obtained chiefly from the juice of the sugarcane and the sugar beet, and present in sorghum, maple sap, etc.: used extensively as an ingredient and flavoring of certain foods and as a fermenting agent in the manufacture of certain alcoholic beverages;
sucrose. Cf. beet sugar, cane sugar.
- a member of the same class of carbohydrates, as lactose, glucose, or fructose.
- (sometimes cap.) an affectionate or familiar term of address (sometimes offensive when used to strangers, casual acquaintances, subordinates, etc., esp. by a male to a female).
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter S.
- to cover, sprinkle, mix, or sweeten with sugar.
- to make agreeable.
- to form sugar or sugar crystals.
- to make maple sugar.
- sugar off, (in making maple sugar) to complete the boiling down of the syrup in preparation for granulation.
Thesaurusthe•sau•rus (thi sôr′əs),USA pronunciation n., pl. -sau•rus•es, -sau•ri
- a dictionary of synonyms and antonyms.
- any dictionary, encyclopedia, or other comprehensive reference book.
- a storehouse, repository, or treasury.
- an index to information stored in a computer, consisting of a comprehensive list of subjects concerning which information may be retrieved by using the proper key terms.
- a dictionary of synonyms and antonyms stored in memory for use in word processing.
Howdy folks, this photo is about Dark Vs Light Brown Sugar #3 Cook's Thesaurus. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 969 x 831. It's file size is only 78 KB. Wether You decided to save It to Your computer, you can Click here. You might too see more photos by clicking the picture below or read more at this article: Dark Vs Light Brown Sugar.
The country needs there is in four seasons a dresser different from you who lived with only two months in a tropical region. Certainly, timber cupboards look neat and more gorgeous. But, or even the top quality, not tough timber units, specifically facing insect invasion. Therefore, plastic-type cabinets will make alternative first. Simply select dense whilst and high quality products not simply taken off.
Presently, in addition to accessible superior clothing with around practically accomplish the roof, there are also tiny. But, whatever the option, ensure your chosen wardrobe and harmoniously easily fit into the room. Price is the last place that requires to become considered for Dark Vs Light Brown Sugar #3 Cook's Thesaurus. For that, it will help the budget drawer hasbeen within the projected price of moving house or house. Please get when it is adequate for the finances. However, or even, you have to search for options.
To be using the room's problems in range, choose a coloring cabinets that complement the color and layout of the sack. Be sure that the color of the case are also suitable for a few of the other furnishings within the space. Maybe, you'll be able to select a color that is natural. Because the neutral shade is secure match and to mix with anything. Ensure one's Tall's look Patio Furniture suits the room's items. the cabinet must also undesirable, although yes, since the issue isn't without having to eating place just fit.