Diamonddia•mond (dī′mənd, dī′ə-),USA pronunciation n.
- a pure or nearly pure, extremely hard form of carbon, naturally crystallized in the isometric system.
- a piece of this stone.
- a transparent, flawless or almost flawless piece of this stone, esp. when cut and polished, valued as a precious gem.
- a ring or other piece of jewelry containing such a precious stone, esp. an engagement ring.
- a piece of this stone used in a drill or cutting tool.
- a tool provided with such an uncut stone, used for cutting glass.
- crystallized carbon, or a piece of it, artificially produced.
- an equilateral quadrilateral, esp. as placed with its diagonals vertical and horizontal;
a lozenge or rhombus.
- any rhombus-shaped figure or object oriented with its diagonals vertical and horizontal.
- a red rhombus-shaped figure on a playing card.
- a card of the suit bearing such figures.
- diamonds, (used with a sing. or pl. v.) the suit so marked: Diamonds is trump. Diamonds are trump.
- the space enclosed by home plate and the three bases;
- the entire playing field.
- a 4½-point type of a size between brilliant and pearl.
- diamond in the rough, a person of fine character but lacking refined manners or graces.
- made of or set with a diamond or diamonds.
- having the shape of a diamond: a dress with a diamond print.
- indicating the 75th, or sometimes the 60th, event of a series, as a wedding anniversary. See table under wedding anniversary.
- to adorn with or as if with diamonds.
Plateplate1 (plāt),USA pronunciation n., v., plat•ed, plat•ing.
- a shallow, usually circular dish, often of earthenware or porcelain, from which food is eaten.
- the contents of such a dish;
- an entire course of a meal served on such a dish: I had the vegetable plate for lunch.
- the food and service for one person, as at a banquet, fund-raising dinner, or the like: The wedding breakfast cost $20 a plate.
- household dishes, utensils, etc., of metal plated with gold or silver.
- household dishes, utensils, etc., made of gold or silver.
- a dish, as of metal or wood, used for collecting offerings, as in a church.
- a thin, flat sheet or piece of metal or other material, esp. of uniform thickness.
- metal in such sheets.
- a flat, polished piece of metal on which something may be or is engraved.
- See license plate.
- a flat or curved sheet of metal, plastic, glass, or similar hard material, on which a picture or text has been engraved, etched, molded, photographically developed, or drawn, that is inked, as in a press, for printing impressions on other surfaces.
- a printed impression from such a piece or from some similar piece, as a woodcut.
- a full-page illustration in a book, esp. an insert on paper different from the text pages.
- a piece of armor made from a thin, flat piece or several such pieces of tough material, esp. wrought iron or steel.
- armor composed of thin, flat pieces;
- the part of a denture that conforms to the mouth and contains the teeth.
- the entire denture.
- the plate. See home plate.
- rubber1 (def. 14).
- See plate glass.
- a sheet of glass, metal, etc., coated with a sensitized emulsion, used for taking a photograph.
- a platelike part, structure, or organ.
- a thin piece or cut of beef from the lower end of the ribs. See diag. under beef.
- See crustal plate.
- one of the interior elements of a vacuum tube, toward which electrons are attracted by virtue of its positive charge;
anode. Abbr.: P
- [Carpentry.]any of various horizontal timbers or boards laid flat across the heads of studding, upon floors, etc., to support joists, rafters, or studs at or near their ends.
- a gold or silver cup or the like awarded as the prize in a horse race or some other contest.
- a horse race or some other contest for such a prize.
- a rounded argent.
- have on one's plate, [Informal.]to have as an immediate task, obligation, or prospect: I had too much on my plate already to take on another task.
- to coat (metal) with a thin film of gold, silver, nickel, etc., by mechanical or chemical means.
- to cover or overlay with metal plates for protection.
- to forge (a bloom or the like) into a broad piece.
- to hammer (cutlery) gently to produce an even surface.
- to make a stereotype or electrotype plate from (type).
- [Papermaking.]to give a high gloss to (paper), as on supercalendered paper.
Runnerrun•ner (run′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person, animal, or thing that runs, esp. as a racer.
- a messenger.
- a messenger of a bank or brokerage house.
- [Baseball.]See base runner.
- [Football.]the ball-carrier.
- a person whose business it is to solicit patronage or trade.
- a person acting as collector, agent, or the like, for a bank, broker, etc.
- something in or on which something else runs or moves.
- either of the long, bladelike strips of metal or wood on which a sled or sleigh slides.
- the blade of an ice skate.
- the rotating system of blades driven by the fluid passing through a reaction turbine.
- the rotating member of a pair of millstones. Cf. bed stone.
- a roller on which something moves along.
- a sliding piece, as a loper.
- rocker (def. 1).
- an operator or manager, as of a machine.
- a long, narrow rug, suitable for a hall or passageway.
- a long, narrow strip of line, embroidery, lace, or the like, placed across a table.
- a slender stolon that runs along the surface of the ground and sends out roots and leaves at the nodes, as in the strawberry.
- a plant that spreads by such stems.
- any of the channels through which molten metal flows.
- a smuggler.
- a vessel engaged in smuggling.
- a person who takes, transmits, and often pays off bets for a bookmaker or a numbers pool.
- [Ichthyol.]a jurel, Caranx crysos, inhabiting waters from Cape Cod to Brazil.
- a horizontal longitudinal timber resting upon the uprights of a staging and supporting the footing pieces.
- [Theat.]a piece of carpet or matting placed in the wings for deadening offstage sounds.
- a tackle or part of a tackle consisting of a line rove through a single block and fixed at one end. See diag. under tackle.
MatsMATS (mats),USA pronunciation n.
- Military Air Transport Service.
Hello folks, this blog post is about Diamond Plate Runner Mats ( Diamond Plate Floor Mat Great Ideas #9). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 594 x 552. This attachment's file size is only 46 KB. If You desired to save It to Your computer, you should Click here. You might also see more images by clicking the following picture or see more at here: Diamond Plate Floor Mat.
Diamond Plate Runner Mats ( Diamond Plate Floor Mat Great Ideas #9) seem to supply an impact as well as a diverse setting while in white's kitchen colors. Utilized on the internal wall of the range (cooking area) to make gas splashes easy to clean. Kitchen with a style that is vintage would be to implement kitchen backsplash tile using a kite design beige features give impact towards the brown shade in certain elements. Shades of white is really a favorite in designing a kitchen. Consequently is employed inside the home below.
Kitchen cupboard white color combines using the kitchen tile white and very inexperienced with a floral theme. Using your kitchen backsplash tile about the drain with pattern that was ceramic that was orange patterned cultural make bedroom home pal be more cool. Kitchens are following somewhat unique.
In the event the typical hardwood Diamond Plate Runner Mats ( Diamond Plate Floor Mat Great Ideas #9) using a ceramic product, then the kitchen below using pure stone fashioned like tile on the wall-in your cooking / oven. The kitchen would be to supply result and shiny hues having orange and a kitchen refrigerator storage. Elements of lamp lamp inside the kitchen creating close setting of inviting and your kitchen!