- a suffix forming adjectives from other parts of speech, occurring originally in Greek and Latin loanwords (metallic;
public) and, on this model, used as an adjective-forming suffix with the particular senses "having some characteristics of '' (opposed to the simple attributive use of the base noun) (balletic;
"in the style of '' (Byronic;
"pertaining to a family of peoples or languages'' (Finnic;
- [Chem.]a suffix, specialized in opposition to -ous, used to show the higher of two valences: ferric chloride.
- a noun suffix occurring chiefly in loanwords from Greek, where such words were originally adjectival (critic;
Lightlight1 (līt),USA pronunciation n., adj., -er, -est, v., light•ed or lit, light•ing.
- something that makes things visible or affords illumination: All colors depend on light.
- Also called luminous energy, radiant energy. electromagnetic radiation to which the organs of sight react, ranging in wavelength from about 400 to 700 nm and propagated at a speed of 186,282 mi./sec (299,972 km/sec), considered variously as a wave, corpuscular, or quantum phenomenon.
- a similar form of radiant energy that does not affect the retina, as ultraviolet or infrared rays.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of sight.
- an illuminating agent or source, as the sun, a lamp, or a beacon.
- the radiance or illumination from a particular source: the light of a candle.
- the illumination from the sun;
daylight: We awoke at the first light.
- daybreak or dawn: when light appeared in the east.
- daytime: Summer has more hours of light.
- a particular light or illumination in which an object seen takes on a certain appearance: viewing the portrait in dim light.
- a device for or means of igniting, as a spark, flame, or match: Could you give me a light?
- a traffic light: Don't cross till the light changes.
- the aspect in which a thing appears or is regarded: Try to look at the situation in a more cheerful light.
- the state of being visible, exposed to view, or revealed to public notice or knowledge;
limelight: Stardom has placed her in the light.
- a person who is an outstanding leader, celebrity, or example;
luminary: He became one of the leading lights of Restoration drama.
- the effect of light falling on an object or scene as represented in a picture.
- one of the brightest parts of a picture.
- a gleam or sparkle, as in the eyes.
- a measure or supply of light;
illumination: The wall cuts off our light.
- spiritual illumination or awareness;
- Also called day. one compartment of a window or window sash.
- a window, esp. a small one.
- mental insight;
- lights, the information, ideas, or mental capacities possessed: to act according to one's lights.
- a lighthouse.
- [Archaic.]the eyesight.
- bring to light, to discover or reveal: The excavations brought to light the remnants of an ancient civilization.
- come to light, to be discovered or revealed: Some previously undiscovered letters have lately come to light.
- hide one's light under a bushel, to conceal or suppress one's talents or successes.
- in a good (or bad ) light, under favorable (or unfavorable) circumstances: She worshiped him, but then she'd only seen him in a good light.
- in (the) light of, taking into account;
considering: It was necessary to review the decision in the light of recent developments.
- light at the end of the tunnel, a prospect of success, relief, or redemption: We haven't solved the problem yet, but we're beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
- see the light:
- to come into existence or being.
- to be made public.
- to begin to accept or understand a point of view one formerly opposed: Her father was opposed to her attending an out-of-town college, but he finally saw the light.
- shed or throw light on, to clarify;
clear up: His deathbed confession threw light on a mystery of long standing.
- having light or illumination;
well-lighted: the lightest room in the entire house.
- pale, whitish, or not deep or dark in color: a light blue.
- (of coffee or tea) containing enough milk or cream to produce a light color.
- to set burning, as a candle, lamp, fire, match, or cigarette;
- to turn or switch on (an electric light): One flick of the master switch lights all the lamps in the room.
- to give light to;
furnish with light or illumination: The room is lighted by two large chandeliers.
- to make (an area or object) bright with or as if with light (often fol. by up): Hundreds of candles lighted up the ballroom.
- to cause (the face, surroundings, etc.) to brighten, esp. with joy, animation, or the like (often fol. by up): A smile lit up her face. Her presence lighted up the room.
- to guide or conduct with a light: a candle to light you to bed.
- to take fire or become kindled: The damp wood refused to light.
- to ignite a cigar, cigarette, or pipe for purposes of smoking (usually fol. by up): He took out a pipe and lighted up before speaking.
- to become illuminated when switched on: This table lamp won't light.
- to become bright, as with light or color (often fol. by up): The sky lights up at sunset.
- to brighten with animation or joy, as the face or eyes (often fol. by up).
Beerbeer (bēr),USA pronunciation n.
- an alcoholic beverage made by brewing and fermentation from cereals, usually malted barley, and flavored with hops and the like for a slightly bitter taste.
- any of various beverages, whether alcoholic or not, made from roots, molasses or sugar, yeast, etc.: root beer; ginger beer.
- an individual serving of beer;
a glass, can, or bottle of beer: We'll have three beers.
Hi there, this post is about IC Light Beer ( Ic Light Beer #1). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 721 x 451. It's file size is just 36 KB. If You decided to save This image to Your PC, you can Click here. You could also see more photos by clicking the following image or see more at this post: Ic Light Beer.
You're not the people who can purchase IC Light Beer ( Ic Light Beer #1). Every home seller due to their houses of furniture in need. That's the motive you can find plenty of choices in shops. It is important for one to ensure all of the goods you select accordingto your budget and your home. Conventional furniture could cost very costly.
Look for IC Light Beer ( Ic Light Beer #1) that's tough traditional if you fit them outdoors. Check accessories and the poor welds. If you find a weld that looks not perhaps potentially accented, neglect them and discover furniture that's tough. Each outdoor furniture you choose ought to be ready to withstand the weather of nature to be uncovered for quite some time.
Therefore, you ought not disregard of utilising the furniture, the possibility. Ads in local newspapers along with property sales and cd outlets generally might have some fixtures that are great. You could have the furniture if necessary reupholstered. By pursuing these ideas, you are able to conserve plenty of cash.